Chapter Seven

I took one last fleeting breath, but something was telling me I'd be okay. I didn't believe it though. Furious pounding sounded in the face hallway. I opened my eyes to see a flash of muscled brown leaping over me, shoving the murderious rabbit off. Bonnie let out a surprised yelp as Freddy pinned him to the floor. He hissed in a low and dangerous tone into Bonnie's ear, his icy blues burning with hatred.
"LEAVE, BENJAMIN. You are NOT welcome here..."
And just like that, the eerie blackness left Bonnie's face. He closed his eyes as the transition happened. When he opened them again, the sweet, pale crimson was back.
"O-Oh my god...Did I hurt her!? Wh-where is she!?"
I was borderline surprised that his first words weren't "Dude why are you sitting on my chest", but asking if he hurt anyone. Namely, me.
"No..She's fine."
Bonnie sighed out in relief.
"O-okay, So you know that wasn't your fault. Ben just kinda took over again..Shh..." Freddy clambered off of Bon, than extended his hand to the trembling bunny. The second he straightened himself, Bonnie bolted at me and wrapped me in a tight hug.
"I-IM SO SORRY!" He wailed, fresh tears filling his eyes.
I wanted to push him away. This is the same rabbit who just tried to KILL me five seconds ago! I recoiled away from him, which only made him sob harder.
Foxy's soft paws grabbed my shoulder and led me away. Good, I thought. I couldn't bear to see the bunny's hurt face any longer. I walked along side Foxy, and I could hear him mumbling to me from above, although I truly wasn't listening.
"Now, Ye know..Bonnie didn't WANT to do what he did. The lad just couldn't help it, O-Okay? It happens to all of us.. He didn't want to hurt ya.." I just leaned myself on him. I felt a different set of hands take me away. I recognized Freddy's spicy, cinnamon, slightly smokey sent immediately. He didn't try to talk, just led me along the hallway, back to the kitchen. This time, the friendly aura was gone.
"Alright gang. We need to sit down and have an...adult...conversation about what just happened to Bonnie."
"Aye aye captain."
Bonnie didn't speak, he trudged over to the table with his head hanged. Chica's worried eyes scanned the scene, finally resting on Freddy. His icy blue's were desperate. With the smallest nod, like she knew what he was trying to say, she placed a feathery head on my back and took me out of the kitchen so the trio could have their...adult conversation. Amongst all the whispering, I heard almost instantly the hot headed fox's voice raise above the others. A loud "SHHH!!" Was followed. Back to all whispering.
"Hun..I understand if you're upset with Bon..Butcha gotta know he really, truly didn't mean to do that." My head was swimming with thoughts, all too deep for me to talk about. All I said in response was "Yeah"
Chica continued walking, leading me down winding hallways that seemed incapable of being memorized. We popped out from around a corner. I gasped. It was a large expanse of room, a stage was on the other side of the room from us, satin red curtains drawn by gold rope. Two microphones, a drum set, and a red electric guitar laid sprawled on the stage top. It looked as if was left in a hurry.
"Ya see, Me and the boys have a band we play for. For the kids. We mostly sing kiddie songs, but every now and then we'll play some real music." I was awed. She continued,
"Me and Freddy do vocals. I'm his backup. You've gotta hear that man sing sometime, Girly. He's got the voice of an angel, I'm tellin' ya. Bonnie plays guitar, and he's good at that. Foxy is just learning' to play drums."
"Woe."
She smiled at me, and told me I could explore if I wanted to. Did I ever! I ran over to the stage and climbed on top, I picked up the mic that was marked with a "C", and sang my current favorite song:
"Forget what you are! Forget what you feel! Stand alone, fall together, nothing ever lasts forever!
We're born to live, we're born to die, we're forced to swallow these pills and to never ask why! What I've become? Why can't you see? That everybody, everybody, everybody's got this disease!! Everybody's got this disease!" Now, I'm not normally one to burst out in song. I'm not even good at it. But, Chica began to clap along, encouraging me to keep going. I walked across the stage and went on.
"I try to believe on my knees, it's so hard. And they pick and they pull and they tear you apart..and they won't let me go, no they won't let me go, and I'm dyin' baby, dyin' baby, dying so slow! Walk on the world, it's so empty, you know? In the land of the beautiful, beauty is cold. And they won't let me go, no they won't let me go, and I'm dyin baby dyin baby, dying alone!"
I burst out in chorus again, my voice booming around they room. Chica's claps keeping the beat. My body dancing like a maniac all over the stage. I haven't felt so me in so long!
"Is that Hollywood Undead I hear?" A deep male voice sounded. I stopped singing to acknowledge Freddy's presence, then went back to singing.
"Everybody's got this disease! Everybody's got this disease! Everybody's got this disease!"
I struck a fabulous pose,(I nearly broke my back) which got a laugh out of both of them. I jumped off the stage and wobbled the landing, then raced over to the two. Freddy's laugh soon faded.
"Kristina, Follow me."
I blinked a couple times. No one ever used my real name unless I was in trouble or something was really wrong. Worry took place in my gut as I walked away with him. Once we were out of earshot of Chica, Freddy grabbed my shoulders and spun me around to face him. His eyes were deadly serious.

"There's something I've got to tell you."