Hunter

Chapter 2:

Hunter's POV

Flashback (Hunter at 8)

"Momma, get up. Momma---" I shook my mom to wake up. She was laid out drunk once again.

"What girl?" My mom slurred. She lifted her head slightly with her eyes barley opened.

"It's morning...are you gonna make me breakfast?" I asked nervously.

"Get the hell outta my face. You know we ain't got no food."

"Well can you give me some lunch money?"

"Ain't got no money eitha." She said in a laugh.

"Maybe if you stop spending it on drinks then---" I got cut off by her slapping me.

Great she was sober enough for that...

"You're such a brat! I give you everything and all you do is complain." She yelled. She got up and I knew what she was getting. I started to run, but she grabbed my hair and yanked me down.

"Mommy please!" I screamed as she held the wooden stick. She started smaking me with it.

"You are gonna learn how to be grateful!" She yelled as I squirmed in pain.

"Please!" I begged. She stopped after 5 minutes and walked away.

"Stupid little bitch..." She said as she walked away. I laid there in a fetal position and cried. I wasn't going to school today

Age 14
--------------------------------------------

I ran home in tears as the girls chased me all the way.

"Slut!"

"Stupid bitch!"

"Ho! Dirty ho!"

"Just like you're mom! You slut!"

I heard them spit at me. I don't understand why everyone hated me. No one every loved me.

My dad left me, my mom hits me, and the whole school treat me like a dog.

Only one thing loved me...

I walked in my room and slammed the door. I wiped my eyes roughly. No more crying...stop crying.

I grabbed my knife from under my pillow. I put it against my arm and sliced twice quickly. I bit my bottom lip and closed my eyes ignoring the pain. I grabbed a gauze and put it over the twin cuts.

All I needed...

Age 20 --------------------------------------------

"Stopped day dreaming and get to work!" Frank yelled. I held my head down and started stocking the shelves.

"What a jack ass, huh?" Trey said to me. Trey was the only guy that ever talked to me. He was so nice although I didn't know why.

"Umm..." I said looking at him slightly.

"You know it's ok to tell some one off." He said touching my shoulder sending chills in my body.

"Yeah." I said smiling a little.

"You need any help?"

"Uhh...no. I'm ok..."

"Ok. Oh yeah, there's this get together I'm having for my birthday, you wanna come?"

"I don't know, Trey." I said shrugging.

"I won't take no for an answer." Trey said picking up my chin so I can look at him.