Chapter 9

As I run through the quiet hallway, my footsteps pound loudly against the floor

As I run through the quiet hallway, my footsteps pound loudly against the floor. Austen's loud footsteps and chuckles follow me, and close in on me. I turn and run into a storage closet to get him off my trail. Opening the door quietly, I quickly hide in the dark closet. I hear his feet patter near the closet door and he laughs, loud and husky, the sound melting me like butter.

My knees are shaking against the door. A broom behind me hitting my knees as his booming laughter hypnotizes me. I want to hear that laugh until I can commit it to my memory. Until the rumble of his laugh can be imitated by me perfectly.

"I know you're in the storage closet, little Sel. You chose literally the worst hiding spot ever."

I grumbled to myself and opened the closet door, knowing that he's right. The storage closet is a horribly cliche place to hide, but maybe that's why I hid there; so he could find me.

"Awe, baby girl, don't whine." He cooes mockingly at me, taking predatory steps towards me. His eyes watch me carefully, just as I watch him. He takes another generous step towards me, and now, he's close enough for me to feel his minty breath fanning my lips. I gulp, as he cages me in with his body, his arms beside my head as he leans against me. I look down at the floor, biting my lip softly. His body is too tantalizingly close, yet far enough away that I'm craving it. I can picture it, his body on mine. I can't breathe as a course of want rushes through my body.

He puts a rough finger on my chin and lifts it up; forcing me to look into his seductive, blazing, brown eyes. He leans his head down towards mine, our lips now brushing our lips together, and all I can feel is soft. It isn't a kiss, there isn't any movement or pressure to it, just a torturous awareness of what we both want. What we both need, each other.

He kisses me lightly, but then pulls away causing me to whimper softly. More, I just want more. I open my eyes to see him. He's breathing heavily, eyes shut, he looks wild. His adam's apple bobs, and I watch as it moves. Finally, He slams his lips against mine and I kiss him back eagerly. As our lips move against one another's my pulse races for him. He nibbles lightly on my bottom lip and tugs slightly.

I moan and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him deeper. Our tongues find each other, and I begin to feel a pressure in my core. The caress of his tongue, and the warmth of his body, made me feel hot and heavy. I grip onto the hair on his neck and pull lightly. His hands move from the wall, to my neck, down to my sides, and resting on the curve of my back, a fire blazing everywhere he touches. I'm dazed and confused, but I don't want to stop kissing him.

His wandering hands move down my back, down to my butt, my gasp of surprise only further his exploration of my body. One of his hands stays on my butt while he lifts me up onto his torso. My legs wrap around him as he kisses me like his life depends on it. I moan into the kiss as his other hand falls back onto my butt. He squeezes my butt, and I moan again, loving the feeling of it. Although, I'm loving every second of this, it needs to stop. Everything is moving way too fast. Pulling away from the kiss, I gasp for air. He starts to kiss down my neck, but I push his face away from the crook of my neck, and jump off him.

The smirk on his face is almost as seductive as the wicked gleam in his eyes which is almost as teasing as the softness of his lips on mine. His lips are red, and his hair is all disheveled.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while." He says breathlessly, unknowingly teasing me even more. I just want to grab him by his tee shirt and drag him closer to me so I can feel his soft lips against mine again. "I'll talk to you later, little Sel."

I slump against the wall behind me, groaning in frustration as he leaves. Classes are probably about to start any minute now. Teachers and staff members are most likely parading around the school building, getting ready. While I'm just stuck in a storage closet doing nothing in particular, besides daydreaming about the fact that I made out with a guy.

Stepping out of the very annoyingly small storage closet and into the hallway, I can hear the clicking of a woman's high heel shoes. Light conversations can be heard from the opposite end of the hallway, as I walk in the direction of my locker with my head down and silently listening to their conversations.

The paint on my locker gleams deviously; reminding me, once again, that I shouldn't feel the way I do. That I shouldn't kiss Austen again, and bringing him into my life could be a serious mistake. I don't know what my dad could stoop to. I don't even know what he wants from me yet. If my dad knows about Austen, he could use him to get me to do what he wants. Plus... he could hurt him.

There isn't anything that I can do to stop the inevitable turn of events. My father is in a gang, so instead of jumping into Austen's arms, I need to be cautious. Why would he come back after all of this time when he could've just decided to never leave? If he wasn't intending on harming me, why would he get someone to insult me on my locker or chase me during school? Why would he even bother trying to pick me up during school, when, instead, he could just knock on the door and ask if I want to talk to him? I'm going to have to stay away from Austen now more than ever.

I open my locker and take my blue backpack out, closing my locker door shut and heading to my English class. The whole class period, I never say a word to Austen. As class drones on, our legs brush against each other, and I don't move them. I want to relish in the feeling of his touch, just one more time. Even though I want to stay away from him and keep him safe, I want to be close to him. And I think he knows that. Despite the fact that I need to stay away from him, it's getting so hard to. He definitely knows that it's killing me to stay away from him, even though I have to. Every chance he gets, I always succumb to the seduction.

The bell blares loudly, and I bolt out of my seat. As I run away from the classroom, I can hear someone shouting my name, but I ignore him. I open the door to the bathroom and walk in. I walk over to the sink and look at myself in the mirror.

I'm reminded by my eyes that Austen shouldn't meddle with a girl like me. The image of a girl with brown hair and hazel eyes, disturbs me. My own reflection. I have the eyes of my father and the hair of my mother. The body of my mother, but the height of my father. I'm a mixture of both pure innocence, and evil.

I step away from the mirror and start out into the hallway, heading to my second period class with the fakest smile on my face. A newfound determination to not let Austen be put into danger because of my family drama showing clearly on my face.

 A newfound determination to not let Austen be put into danger because of my family drama showing clearly on my face