Chapter One

Stiles POV

It's late afternoon and I'm staring at my bedroom wall. I don't know what to do. My nightmares are becoming more and more frequent, and it's always the same one. I see my friends lying dead behind me, and then in front of me is something or someone tearing a brown haired boy apart, who is screaming in agony. I try to move my feet to try and save the boy, but I can't for some reason. Blood splatters onto my face, and I wipe it off quickly, feeling sick. I look back to my friends, whose eyes are glazed over. Tears form in my eyes. I then turn back to the creature who goes in for the final blow. I yell out in protest, but I'm too late. At this point, I always wake up in a pool of sweat, gasping for breath. It takes me a few minutes to recover from the terrifying nightmare. Every time I have this nightmare, it ends the same way. It's affecting my life because I'm always exhausted after I've had one of these nightmares. I haven't told anyone though. I don't want to worry people. Especially Scott. He's got enough on his mind, like keeping Liam under control. I've got to work through this myself.

I lay back on my bed, closing my eyes. I hear the boy's screams in my head. I open my eyes, gasping. That's it. I've had enough. I get up off the bed and out of my room. I see Dad in the kitchen. "I'm going out for a while, I won't be too long." I inform him as I walk past.

"Okay, just be back in time for dinner!" Dad calls out to me as I walk out the front door. I jump into my jeep and drive to the vet. I want to visit Deaton. Once I get there, I tentatively open the door. Deaton walks out of the back room. "Hello Stiles. What can I do for you?" Deaton asks. I walk towards the counter and sigh.

"I've been having nightmares and... I was wondering if you have anything for them." I admit.

"I'm a veterinarian, not a doctor," He replies.

"Yeah, but you know that's not the only thing going on..." I mutter to Deaton, who looks at me with understanding.

"Okay, right this way, Stiles." He gestures towards the back room. I nod and follow him through the door. Once I close the door behind me, I turn and look at Deaton. "Why don't you start with telling me about your nightmares?" He suggests. I nod slightly. "Well, the nightmares began a few months ago..." I say, and then explain what my nightmares were about. Deaton writes down a few notes as I speak. Once I finish, Deaton looks up at me with sympathy in his eyes. "Well, I really don't know what I can do about this, but I believe that your abilities must be linked to the nightmare somehow. We can figure it out later. But for now, you look like you need sleep. Go to the doctor's and get some sleeping pills to help you have a more peaceful rest." He tells me, putting a hand on my shoulder. I nod, hoping that sleeping pills would work. "I'll see you later Deaton," I say, waving to him as I walk out of the door. I drive my jeep to the doctor's, to try and get some sleeping pills.

Scott POV

I sigh in annoyance as I close my math book and face Kira. "I'm just not getting it," I explain to her. She giggles at me. "You'll get there... eventually." Kira answers, giving me a playful punch. I smile at her.

"I'm bored. Let's do something more fun," I suggest, still smiling.

"Like what?" Kira asks, looking at me curiously.

"This," I say as I lean in and kiss her. She kisses me back passionately, and runs her hands through my hair. My left hand caresses her face while the other grasps her back. We fall backwards onto the bed, and Kira slowly unbuttons my shirt. Suddenly, we hear a knock on the door which makes us jump and sit up. My mom walks into the room with two cups of hot chocolate, "Studying, are we?" Mom asks sternly. I nod as innocently as I can. She places the two hot chocolates on my desk and leaves my room without another word. I get the feeling that it wasn't over. I shrug the feeling off and go walk towards the drinks, Kira following right behind me. I hand a cup to her. "Thanks," She grins, and I grin back. Once we finish our drinks, I grab my math book and we sit on the edge of my bed. Kira opens up to the page where we left off and starts explaining where I was going wrong.

2 hours later, I'm dropping Kira off at her front door. "Thanks for helping me study tonight," I say, giving her a hug.

"No problem," She replies, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I feel myself start to blush. Kira chuckles.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow," I say as I walk away backwards to my dirt bike. Kira nods quickly, and then turns her back and walks into her house. I sigh happily, staring at where Kira was once standing a moment ago. I get on my bike and drive off towards my house. Once I get there, I park my bike and walk inside with the biggest grin on my face. That is, until Mom walks into the hall, arms folded. "Nothing gets past me, young man. And I don't want to be on one of those reality shows with a pregnant teenager." She scolds me sternly. I hang my head, embarrassed.

"Yes, Mom. I know. You don't need to worry," I mumble.

"I always need to worry. You're a werewolf!" Mom scoffs.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I reply, putting my hands up in surrender.

"Good. Now get ready for bed, you've got school tomorrow," Mom demands, and I groan as I walk up the stairs to my room.

The next day, I arrive at school 20 minutes early. To my surprise, I see Stiles is already here. I walk up to him. "Hey man, how are you?" I ask him from behind. He turns around and faces me.

"Hey, Scott. Yeah, I'm good thanks," He replies, grinning.

"You don't look as beaten up today as you have the last few," I remark.

"I know. I guess I just slept better last night," Stiles shrugs. We keep chatting as we walk through the entrance of the school, arriving at our lockers. I quickly get out the books I need, and so does Stiles. "So, how did the studying go last night?" Stiles asks me.

"Uh, good." I say, my voice sounding unsure, even to me. Stiles looks directly at me.

"What happened?" He asks curiously, raising an eyebrow. I smile and look down before answering.

"I kissed Kira," I say.

"How long? Was it intense?" He asks eagerly.

"A while, and yes, it was intense," I smirk at my best friend.

"Did you do more than a kiss?" Stiles continues. I laugh at his eagerness to know.

"No, my mom came in, just as I thought we were going somewhere." I answer honestly. It's Stiles' turn to laugh at me whilst patting me on the back. "Priceless." He comments. I roll my eyes at him. Just then, I see Kira down the hall. "I'll talk to you later dude, okay?" I tell Stiles as I walk over to Kira.

"Hi," I greet her, with a small smile on her face.

"Hey," She answers, intertwining her hand with mine.

"What class do you have next?" Kira asks.

"I think I have history or something." I say, trying to recall my timetable.

"Shame. I've got chemistry," Kira comments. I nod in agreement. All too soon, the bell rings, signalling us to go to class. "I'll see you later, Kira." I say, quickly kissing her on the cheek. I watch her smile and blush as I walk away. I meet Stiles at the door of our history class. We nod towards each other in greeting. Within a minute, we all file into the classroom, taking our seats. On one side of me is Stiles, and on the other is Lydia. The teacher drones on until the bell finally rings, and we all rush out of class. The rest of the day passes in a blur.