Chapter Five

Hazel POV

"With a killer on the loose, we should go after him," Leo suggests. We all nod in agreement. Scott races to his dirt bike, Kira following in pursuit. Lydia, Malia, Liam and Isaac run to a car that's presumably one of theirs. They all turn and look at us expectantly. Along with Percy, I lead the demigods and Calypso to our car. It may not look like it can fit all of us, but one of Hecate's kids did something to the car to make it bigger on the inside. We quickly get in, with Percy in the driver's seat. We take off, following right behind Scott's motorbike and the other car. At first, we see no sign of Stiles' jeep. I start to wonder if we will ever find it. Frank turns to look at me, noticing my frown. "It's going to be okay," Frank tells me, gently giving me a small kiss on the cheek. I blush profusely. Frank grins at my reaction. I look over to Leo, who is tapping his hand against his knee nervously. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"I've just got a bad feeling about this," He replies. In all honesty, I have a bad feeling too. For the rest of the trip, it's silent. After a couple hours of driving around, I see Scott's bike turn to the left suddenly. Both cars turn quickly to follow. Suddenly, we slow to a stop. I get out of the car quickly, as do the others. We meet Scott and Kira by the bike. Scott tilts his head to the side. I turn to look in the direction Scott indicated and see Stiles sitting on the edge of the jetty, legs dangling over the edge. He's staring out into the ocean. "Hey Derek," I hear Scott say, and I turn around to see a man walking towards us.

"Thanks for coming," Lydia tells the man named Derek. He nods in acknowledgement.

"What's going on?" Derek asks.

"We don't know," I reply. Derek looks between Percy, Frank, Annabeth, Jason, Calypso, Leo and I in confusion. "Who are they?" He asks Scott sternly.

"Friends," Scott answers. Derek stares at us for a moment longer before shrugging.

"Let's go see if Stiles is alright," Percy suggests. I nod quickly in agreement. We all walk along the jetty until we reach Stiles. Scott places a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, what's wrong dude?" Scott asks. Stiles turns around to look at all of us with red eyes. He's been crying. "I... just needed to be alone," Stiles sniffs. I kneel down and give him a hug. "It'll be okay, whatever it is," I whisper to him. He smiles gratefully at me. After a moment, we both stand up and face our friends. Jason and Stiles exchange glances, and Jason nods. I hear Stiles gulp. "Guys, I've got something to tell you..." Stiles begins before he's cut off by an almighty roar coming from the water. We turn around and see a sea monster of some description towering above us. We all gasp and take a few steps back. I look at its sharp fangs and claws to its red eyes and finally, to its white, scaly body. Suddenly, the monster lashes out with one arm and grabs Scott who shouts out in surprise and pain. "Scott!" Stiles and Kira yell in shock. Scott struggles to break free from the sea monster's grip, but it's no use. I scream in fear as the monster rears upwards and dives down into the ocean. From the corner of my eye, I see Percy taking his shoes off. He then pulls Riptide from out of his pocket, clicking it. The pen suddenly transforms into a sword. I hear some gasps of shock. Percy then dives into the water, to chase down the monster. I then look to my other side to see Stiles taking off his shoes and socks as well. "What the hell are you doing? You'll drown!" Derek hisses at him. Stiles turns around to face Derek.

"We'll see about that." He bluntly replies to Derek before diving into the water as well.

Stiles POV

I dive into the water, quickly trying to catch up to Percy, which I do. He turns around and looks at me with shock. "You can breathe underwater?" Percy asks, unable to believe what he is seeing.

"Oh, you hadn't noticed?" I answer sarcastically. Our voices sound surprisingly normal, not muffled as you would expect them to be underwater. Percy rolls his eyes.