𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐒 (𝟏)

Summary: You and Nate were supposed to go out to dinner for your two year anniversary but he doesn't show up so you go to his house and find him sleeping with another girl.

You and Nate have been together for two years and tonight is your anniversary dinner. Nate texted you an hour ago saying to be ready at 7 and it was already 8. You were getting worried thinking something bad could have happened to him. Getting tired of waiting and worrying, you got your keys and drove to his house. You arrive at his house to see an unfamiliar car in the driveway. You got out and went inside since the door was unlocked. You were calling Nate's name but there was no response. You go upstairs to his room and see the door cracked and started to hear noises coming from inside. You open the door slowly to see a girl on top of Nate. You feel your heartbreak inside. You gasped loudly, in utter shock and hurt by what you see. Your gasp causes Nate to look up. You can see it in his face that it is full of regret. They both get off each other and get covered up. Nate starts to talk before you cut him off. "Don't talk, just don't. I don't want to hear it Nate. On our anniversary? Really?", you said your voice cracking. "Why couldn't you have left me before doing this?", you said letting a tear fall. You wiped it away and walked out. You were almost out the front door when you felt someone grab your arm. You turned around and it was Nate. Before you even let him try to talk, you start to, "Please don't Nate. Don't make this any harder than it already is. The least you could've done was respect me enough to end it with me if you weren't happy or satisfied. Goodbye Nate.", you said letting the tears fall and looking right at Nate. His face was full of pain. He goes to hold you but you put your hands up, shaking your head and walked out. You got into your car and turned it on. Before you reversed out, you looked up and saw Nate at the door and just seem this pain look in his face like he just fucked up big time. Your heart aches to see him like that but you have to do what is best for you, you backed out and drove home. Nothing but sad music playing in the background as you're trapped in your thoughts. You get home and parked in your driveway. You just sat there, feeling empty. You finally let it all out. You're bawling your eyes out and hitting your hands against the wheel, wondering where it went wrong, asking yourself if it was you and why you thought you weren't good enough. You put your head on the steering wheel before you finally had enough and turned the car off and got out. You went inside and took a shower which ended up being a long one because of crying again and you just sitting in the shower drowned in your thoughts. Before your skin turns all prune-like from being in there so long, you finally got out and got dressed. You changed into a big t-shirt and some panties and socks and slipped into your bed. You plugged your phone in and turned on do not disturb. You get all comfortable and snuggled in your blankets and drift off to sleep from all the crying, escaping the pain for a few hours, hoping this was all a dream.