10

I beg you, listen to this song while reading. And turn it up.

Roadtrips were fun. At least when it was with three boys who were absolute goofs. We were all in one of Miles' cars, heading towards Sydney for the weekend for this concert.

Okay, so a little background info; Miles had invited us all to a DJ Khaled concert, all expenses paid, hotel included. We had all said yes(duh), so now me, Alex, Miles and Jagger were taking the three-hour-drive from Canberra to Sydney, planning on staying there for the weekend. We had all gotten permission from our parents (although I doubted that Alex had actually told his mom the true story of where we were going), there was only one slight problem for me – something which I was still positive I was going to kill Alex for.

"A little warm for scarfs outside today, don't you think, Soph?" Alex mused and grinned smugly when I kept fanning myself from the heat. "What month is it again?"

I glared as murderously as I could at him in my current state of over-heating. I had been bloody forced to wear a scarf in March because a certain dick had given me hickeys all up and down my neck and chest. FYI, March in Australia was hot. It was late summer and it was currently 33 degrees Celsius (91,4 F) outside; I was melting.

"I'll kill you," I mouthed to him, knowing he could read lips. Damn genius.

"C'est la vie, mademoiselle," He replied, giving me a wink as he suddenly unclicked himself from his seatbelt.

I blinked up at him perplexed when he begun standing up. "What are you doing?"

"Jagger, the sunroof," He grinned to Jagger who was sitting up front next to Miles who was driving.

Giving him a grin back, he rolled back the sunroof as Alex stood up, throwing his hands up into the air as we cruised down the highway with the music blasting.

"Oh my God," I grinned, palming my face as Alexander whopped along to the music.

"C'EST LA VIE!" He shouted, making both Miles and Jagger laugh. "Soph, get off your sexy ass and join me!"

Rolling my eyes, not being able to withstand the temptation, I unclicked my seatbelt and stood up as well, nervously grabbing on to Jagger's seat in front of me. "Oh God... what am I doing..."

"You're living," Alex chuckled over the wind. "Let go of the seat, Soph!"

Carefully I did, holding my hands up like him, letting the wind roam through my hair, probably making it impossible for me to comb out later. But I didn't care. This was awesome.

"Woooohoooo!"

Miles and Jagger whopped and turned the music up even louder as me and Alex began dancing while standing up. This was perfection. Life couldn't possibly get any better than this; Being here with your best friends, cruising down Sydney's expressway towards the sunset with the music pumping through your ears and veins.

I looked at Alex whose hair was whipping in the wind as well. He was jiving to the music, a big grin on his face with his head turned skywards. He was in paradise as well.

We danced on and the music only grew louder, just like my spirit. But when the beat begun dropping, Alex suddenly pulled me to him. I looked up at him in surprise and he smiled down at me, smugness written all over his face. Before I knew what he was doing, he pressed his lips to mine, right on pointe with the beat dropping.