1

It was almost dawn when she got the call. She sighed and finally picked up after the fourth ring. Even at the early hours she was wide awake.

Lucas wanted to see her a last time. It was Dylan on the call, who merely called her to inform and advice to not to come. But being the stubborn hot headed woman she was, she refused his pleas.

The clock showed 4am, when she finally reached the station. Lucas was already sitting in the waiting room looking just like he had been the last time she saw him. That was 3weeks ago, when he was arrested.

She sat opposite him, waiting for him to speak. But he just stared at her intently..

And then he finally broke the silence. "Are you not gonna say goodbye."

She had been studying his face the whole time like it was the most fascinating thing in the world. His eyes that always held a mystery, looked darker now, with a hint of gold that they did, whenever lights hit his eyes a certain angle, he had a light stubble that she always thought looked hot on him. When he spoke, she looked directly in his eyes with her glistening eyes and a small smile on her lips.

And then she sighed. "No.."

"No ??"

"No. I can't," she replied in almost a whisper.

"Why ? I thought you of all people wanted closure. Don't you ?"

"I can't even think about getting closure from you.. Even if I wanted. I couldn't."

"Why ?"

"I thought you of all people wouldn't have to ask that," she told him with a heartbreaking smile.

"Tell me," he insisted.

"Lucas.." she smiled again, "I had never been loved before; until you came and turned my life. I never trusted anyone. You made me trust not only you but others as well. I thought I was not meant to be loved or love but you..

You.. You made me love you and made me felt loved. You became the reason I smiled every day."

"I tried you kill you," he hissed.

"Yes you did. But.. I can't help it.. it just doesn't matters to me. You might be a killer, a psychopath.. A monster as they say.. But to me.. you will always be the idiot who spilled my drink and ruined my favorite dress the first time I met you.. the guy who snores in his sleep.. the guy who always frowned over my cussing.. the guy who always were a neat freak.. the guy who knew when I had been feeling low.. the guy who always made me laugh.. the guy who cared and loved me to the moon and back.."

"What if that was just an act ?"

"That wasn't." This time her smile reached her eyes.

"How can be sure of that ?"

"Well even if it was, I just want to live in that moments. I just want to pretend that it was true."

"Why ???"

"Because I love you. I always will. What I felt for you.. what I still feel is real.. it makes me feel alive. It's kind of the bitter sweet love that pains and pleasures me at the same time. And I don't want to lose it. I couldn't even if I wanted to."

"I don't love you."

"I don't care. I love you and I'll always will."

"I'd be dead by the end of the week. Don't you think you should move on."

"I guess. I should. But you know me well. Have I ever done anything that I should."

"Just get over it. And get over me."

"I can never be over you, Lucas. Never in thousand years."

By now he lost it, he was about to break down. He couldn't understand it. And now she was killing him. He didn't deserved her.

"Just get lost."

"Love you too, Lucas."

-------------

What do you think ??
Was she delusional.. ?
He was a psychopath.. He tried to kill her.. Yet she loved him..