Chapter 23

"Normani?"

Hoping to find her best friend and roommate, Lauren stepped out into the hallway of their apartment to begin her search.

"Fucking hell." Lauren cursed after seeing that Normani's keys were gone. It was around 7:30am, 7:27am to be precise. She knew Mani liked to get up early to go to the gym, but she never left before 7:30.

[7:34 am]
Laur: Mani. Where are you?

Mani: I'll be home later. Don't wait up.

Laur: we need to talk

[7:55 am]
Laur: mani?

[8:15 am]
Laur: ugh ffs

Lauren eventually gave up and sighed. She was lying in her bed, unable to get any sleep but realized she had her first official date with Camila today.

Her mood instantly shot from a tired sloth to an energetic puppy on crack.

Jumping out of bed, Lauren sent a quick text for Camila to wake up to before she hopped into the shower.

[8:26 am]
Daddy Lolo: Good morning, baby girl. I hope you slept well. Mani snuck out and avoided me :(

Daddy Lolo: so I'm about to hop in the shower

Daddy Lolo: and I wish you were here with me :(

Daddy Lolo: Camzzzzzi :(

Camzi Baby: Jfc babe, shut the fuck up and come over

And with that, Camila dropped her phone back onto her bedside table and fell back into slumber.

Lauren, grinning hard, laughed at Camila's directness knowing her girlfriend went back to sleep. After taking a quick shower, she got ready as fast as she could to be able to spend extra time with Camila.

-----

[8:50 am]

Daddy Lolo: Camzzzzz

Daddy Lolo: Dinah isn't here to open the door.

Daddy Lolo: come open the door or I will hug you.

Daddy Lolo: or.. fuck you.

Daddy Lolo: or maybe both, I really don't have an issue with either

Daddy Lolo: omg for fuck's sake!! can you-

Lauren was midway through the message when a grumpy Camila opened the door. She was wearing sweatpants and a plan white baggy t-shirt with an adorable pout on her face with her hair going in every direction.

Before Lauren could utter a word, Camila grabbed her by her collar and pulled her inside, slamming the door.

Lauren was then promptly dragged to Camila's bedroom and pushed onto the bed.

Camila then curled up into a ball, snuggling up to Lauren and savouring her warmth.

Lauren giggled as she heard Camila's soft snores. Sighing, she leaned back and stared at the ceiling, reminiscing on how good it feels to be happy.

-----

Camila woke up horribly. Her neck hurt, hair was in her mouth, she couldn't feel her right arm, there was drying spit from where she drooled on the corner of her mouth, but it was all worth it when she was met with Lauren's green eyes.

"Hey." Camila whispered not breaking the gaze.

"Hallo, baby." Lauren said, cutely yawning afterwards.