Epilogue

Five years later...

"Shit shit shit shit shit..." Lauren muttered as she was running into the reception area of the Los Angeles General Hospital.

"Jauregui-Cabello?" Lauren asked the nurse at the front desk desperately.

Lauren had gotten caught up with a client who was interested in one of her art pieces and didn't notice her phone going off numerous times.

"Lauser! Finally!"

Lauren turned around to see Dinah with a disapproving look on her face.

Lauren stepped away from the nurse and towards one of her best friends.

"You're lucky Mani and I were with her, Laur. We could've been busy." Lauren looked down guiltily.

"I'm sorry D, you know I need to pay the bills somehow." Lauren said sheepishly. Dinah narrowed her eyebrows at the now 28 year old.

Eventually she sighed and Lauren took that as a good sign.

"Where are they?" Lauren asked excitedly, anticipating to see her wife.

"This way." Dinah said, rushing off down the hallway.

Once they reached the room, Lauren burst through the door.

"Finally, for fuck's sake." Camila muttered, one arm over her eyes, the other over her bloated stomach.

"Mani have you got the food, 'cause I am- babe!?" Camila questioned when she noticed her wife's presence.

"Hey Camz." Lauren said sitting on the edge of the bed and happily taking her wife's hand.

"How are you feeling?" Lauren asked, wondering how Camila was feeling during the final stages of pregnancy.

"I feel like you owe me-" Camila started but was cut off by a loud voice entering the room with Normani and a smirking Dinah.

"Mommy!"

Lauren immediately caught the blur that ran up to her.

"Hallo, Nova." Lauren greeted her now four year old daughter. Nova was a miniature Lauren with the bright green eyes and dark wavy hair. But, she had tanned skin from the donor they used instead of pale skin like her mother.

"Mommy, Mama isn't feeling well." Nova muttered with a sad face.

"I know baby girl, but don't worry, she'll be better real soon." Lauren said and placed her hand on her future child.

That caused Camila to grimace and her heart monitor to go off.

"Oh, shit." Lauren muttered.

"Okay Nova baby, time to go." Mani said appearing with Dinah and their daughter Aubrey.

Aubrey was a year younger than Nova. She was the spitting image of Normani even though her skin was a slight shade lighter and she inherited light honey coloured eyes instead of the hazelnut ones that Normani had. Dinah and Normani fell in love with little Oliver and made the decision to have a baby also.

Nova looked worriedly at Camila who just went into labour, but her childhood best friend was there.

"C'mon Nova." Aubrey said and grabbed the tiny green-eyed girl's hand.

"Go on, sweetie. We're going to make Mama feel much better." Lauren said while the nurses and doctors prepped Camila.

-----

It all happened so fast. In an instant, it was over. Camila was knocked out from the pushing. The doctor was saying something to Lauren but she couldn't really hear him.