Auva - Part 2

A few weeks later...

Nova dreaded her dorm room. Not that it wasn't cozy or her bed was uncomfortable, because they were.

But, she just hated how Aubrey wouldn't even give her the time of day.

Ever since their parents left, Aubrey went straight into ignoring the green-eyed girl by barely saying a word and sticking to her side of the room.

Nova blamed the first few nights of being ignored on homesickness. But, when she saw Aubrey laughing with her best friends, she was reminded that Aubrey was already home.

When confronted, Aubrey acted as if Nova wasn't a family friend, or a friend at all.

One word answers and dry responses are what she received. Eventually, she stopped trying.

That didn't stop Nova from admiring Aubrey's beauty every once in a while though.

Nova knew that she was into girls, but she had never been so addicted to simply looking at a girl before. It scared her.

Luckily, Nova was alone in her dorm room this time. Aubrey went out to hang with her friends, something Nova admired. Not that she didn't have any friends.

She actually had a lot since she joined the soccer team, but she didn't make any that she wanted to hang out with constantly. Well, except for one.

"Nove! Open up!" Tyler yelled from outside. Nova rolled her eyes and stood up from her bed, swinging the dorm room door open.

Room 5H consisted of four rooms. The kitchen, the living room, bathroom and a shared bedroom. Nova couldn't understand why they still had to share rooms in this day and age, but for the most part, she couldn't complain.

"What's up, Ty?" Nova asked, leading the boy to the bedroom.

"Party. Tonight. Oliver and Barry told me to invite you." The boy grinned. Although he still had crazy study habits and was obsessed with his grades, Tyler was a partier. It probably had something to do with him joining Oliver and Barry's frat.

"Uh, I don't know." Nova shrugged. Partying still wasn't her thing.

"C'mon. You've only been to one party since you got here." Tyler whined to his best friend.

Yeah, because I had to watch Aubrey get hit on endlessly and I hated it, Nova thought.

"I'm not much of a drinker." Nova claimed and Tyler snorted.

"You don't need to drink to have fun." Tyler whined nervously. Nova narrowed her eyes at the boy. He gulped.

"Why is it so important if I go tonight?" Nova asked curiously and threateningly.

"O-Oliver and Barry told me to-"

"Oliver could've texted me." Nova said, whipping out her phone.

Tyler looked down. He couldn't tell her the real reason so he had to come up with one.

"I invited Kendall." Tyler said, feigning shyness. Nova raised her eyebrows.

"And?"

"I need a wingwoman." Tyler decided on his lie. Nova stared into his eyes, trying to determine if he was telling the truth.

As far as she could tell, he was.

Well, only partially. Tyler did want Nova to go because Kendall was going, but he also had another thing planned altogether.

"Fine...I'll go." Nova wasn't sure if she wanted to know if Aubrey was going or not.

---

Aubrey was feeling the same way, yet she had to constantly remind herself not to get involved with Nova.