{Chapter Nine}

A stupid smile was plastered on my face after I talked to Ella. When I told her about that poem, after making her vow she won't tell about it to anyone, she made very strange conclusions.

Number One: Finn was the bad boy

Number Two: I was the good girl

Number Three: He was in love with me

I didn't know if it was even correct or not but I wanted it to be correct. I wanted not to think too much into it but I couldn't help myself. I didn't want to keep my hopes up but I could only hope at that moment.

I no longer knew what I wanted and what I didn't want. It was all hazy. I felt so giddy. My Saturday ritual was broken again. I couldn't even get out of my room let alone to library. I had such a broad smile on my face that I looked like a crazy witch. I'd be sent to an asylum if I go outside like that. Instead I just stayed inside my room and threw occasional glances out of the window to catch a glimpse of Finn but he didn't come out. He must be hungover. Poor boy.

I wanted to go there and take care of him but I had a feeling it would be awkward. I didn't know how to react. And if I reached him with a maniacal grin on my face then any feelings he has for me will die.

The only contact I had with Finn for two days was a 'thank you' message for helping him out last night.

Next day too I was lodged in my room. Finn had to go somewhere with his parents so he didn't see me and instead only texted. I spent whole day thinking how would I interact with Finn. How to bring up that poem?

Then I decided I won't bring it up until the day our deal would be over, which would be only after a week.

Just one week.

*****

"I don't like pizza," Finn complained pouting and I rolled my eyes.

"But I do. A lot. So we are ordering pizza." I shrugged and ordered pizza as he sulked at corner. We were watching The Avengers. The movie was his choice so we decided we will order food of my choice.

I flopped on the couch beside him and hummed with the background music.

"You are cruel. You are not a good girl."

"Because you are a good boy now."

He signed. "I don't think so. I got drunk in the party."

"You shouldn't get drunk like that when you don't have a ride back home. But even good people commit that mistake sometimes. And there's nothing wrong with loosing up once in a while." I told him.

"Thank you," he nodded and silence fell on us. He was very much into movie and I was very much into him.

We ate pizza in silence. He didn't look at the slice. He just bit on it with his eyes glued to the screen. He looked like an excited kid and nothing like a bad boy. I smiled and looked away.

****

I opened my eyes and my shoulder muscles ached as I moved from my position on the couch. I had slept on it again.

Pulling myself slightly up, I stared into blue eyes so close to my face that I jumped away completely scared. But instead of falling off the couch, as anyone would have anticipated, my face hit something as I fell forward. Something was holding me at my place. And it was undoubtedly Finn's hand on the small of my back. My face was shoved in the crook of his neck while I made him my mattress.

I felt the temperature rise in the living room. Internally, I was panicking. I just woke up with Finn Black under me, the same boy I'm in love with. And it was making my heart pound loudly in my ears. I sucked in a sharp breath as his hand slowly travelled over my back and to my shoulders. His grip was not so tight any longer so I immediately scrambled off him before I did something stupid like kissing him.

I landed not to ceremoniously on my feet. My head swayed with sudden movement and black dots danced in front of my eyes as I fell on my back. Once my body made contact with carpeted floor, black dots disappeared completely and I could think clearly.

A sound of laughter dragged my attention to Finn who rolled on the couch clutching his stomach laughing hysterically. I scowled.

But my scowled turned into an amused look as he rolled away too far falling from the couch with a thud. It was my turn to laugh then. Finn got up and scowled at me.

"Shut up!" He grumbled but I saw a smile twitch at corner of his lips.

I only laughed harder. He threatened to make me shut it but I continued guffawing. The next moment I felt my back slam against the carpet making me wince. Weight settled on top of me and I glared at Finn's face only inches away from my face.

"You have to learn it the hard way." He breathed, his warm breath fanning my face. My cheeks grew hot but I refused to show him how his touch affected me. I wriggled under him, every part of his pressing against me. He groaned and I stopped giving him a nasty glare.

"Get off me elephant." I told him with puffed cheeks.

"I'm not an elephant," he narrowed his eyes.

"No, you are a monkey. Jumping on people." I muttered.

"I'm not-"

"None on this in my favorite carpet." Regina's voiced pierced the atmosphere.

Finn scrambled away from me and stood up. I too stood beside him. Regina was carrying her bags. She had gone to visit my workaholic dad and today she is back.

"Teenagers these days," she shook her head lightly.

I smiled at her. "You're back. How's dad?"

"He is absolutely fine. But don't change the topic. What were both of you doing?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"He jumped on me like a monkey." I pointed at Finn putting blame on him. It was his fault. He laughed on me first.

Regina's eyes widened and Finn stiffened at my side. Take that boy.

"What?!" Regina screeches. "I was only teasing you but-but you two really? I go out of this house for a couple of days and this happens behind my back."

"Yes, he is a very bad boy. You should teach him a lesson." I dug a deeper hole for him. Regina glared at him with blazing eyes.

"Will you shut up?" Finn narrowed his eyes at me and then looked at Regina.

"I fell off the couch and she started laughing. I only shut her up by pressing my hand to her mouth. I didn't realize our position until you came." Finn explained. It was then I realized what Regina was thinking and what Finn was actually telling her. My face turned scarlet and I decided to butt in.

"Oh God Regina! He is telling the truth. It was completely innocent. Nothing happened."

She eyed me. "Are you sure?" She asked and I nodded vigorously.

That was embarrassing.

****

Finn was laughing as I shoved him out of the front door. Regina had finally accepted that nothing happened between us. I showed Finn the front door and he laughed at how my words had made the situation worse.

"You are something Aubrey," he shook his head slowly grinning at me. I shut the door in his face and let myself smile.

"You are something too Finn." I whispered.

When I looked up, Regina was standing there with a smirk on her face. My eyes widened and her smirk grew as she just got confirmation of what was going on.

"Love in the air. So refreshing." She sighed herself.

I scowled but I knew my face was flaming red.

Oh God!