CHAPTER 1

"You never know when you're gonna meet someone and your whole world in a moment comes undone..."

------------

"Well, have a good day with the marine animals." Briana Leon says to her co-worker and roommate, Wynne. 

"You have a nice day, too, Bri, with whatever you're pulled into today." Wynne laughs before they head their separate ways into the zoo. Briana and Wynne both work at the ZSL London Zoo, along with their good friends Caitlin and Danielle.

Briana loves her job, here at the zoo. When she moved to London with her best mate, Zoe, she was overjoyed when she was offered a job at the zoo. Now she's very well known here among the workers and even some of the frequent visitors.

Briana walks into the employee room to set her bag down and grab everything required for work today.

"Good morning, Bri!" Briana hears a familiar, upbeat voice call out. She smiles at her friend, Caitlin. They met on the first day Briana worked at the zoo. Caitlin was told to help Briana learn the ropes, and since then they've been inseparable at work.

"It's an alright morning." Briana responds, placing her bag in her locker. "This morning Shelby woke me up early by playing her guitar too loud." Briana laughs.

Though Briana loves living with her best friends, there are some parts that aren't the greatest. She's often woken up by Shelby early with loud music, since Shelby gets up early to begin writing music before going and performing somewhere. Briana also is the one having to deal with Wynne whenever there's a storm, since Wynne is afraid and everyone always tells Briana that she's a good comforter. Yet the worst part for Briana is the fact that if she is home alone with Zoe and they spot a spider, they're both too scared to kill it so they sit, huddled in a corner watching it until someone else comes home.

Though Briana must admit, it is a little funny thinking about the situation afterwards.

"Good morning, ladies!" Briana looks to her right to see her boss smiling at her and Caitlin. Briana smiles back grabbing her pager and hooking it through the belt loop on her black shorts.

"Good morning, ma'am!" Caitlin says, quickly rolling her black jeans half-way up her calf.

"Well, as usual, your assignments are posted in your lockers, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask." Briana and Caitlin's boss says before heading back into her office. Briana turns to look at her directions for the day.

Briana,

This morning I'd like you to go feed the monkeys and penguins for breakfast and lunch and just do tasks around the zoo until a birthday party at eleven thirty. You'll be feeding them pizza before taking them through a tour of the zoo. Be at the educational building by eleven. Thank you!

"Yes! I get to run  a birthday party! Those are the best!" Briana exclaims after reading the note from her boss. In Briana's mind, this will be a nice day.

Soon, she says goodbye to Caitlin and is headed off to the penguin exhibit. It's a gorgeous day out today, and Briana couldn't be enjoying herself more.

She arrives at the exhibit and heads into the employee area, being greeted by Wynne.

"Oh, hello!" Briana says, walking up next to her. She reads the required amount of fish needed to feed the penguins for the day and quickly reaches for a bucket. "What are you doing here?" Briana asks Wynne.

"Well, my first task for today was to bring fish here for the feeder, which I guess is you." Wynne responds, laughing. Briana laughs along with her, grabbing the fish and beginning to weigh them to get the desired amount. "So, what else are you doing today?" Wynne asks Briana, obviously not wanting to do whatever her next task is.