CHAPTER 2

"And I don't even know your name. All I remember is that smile on your face. And it'll kill me everyday, 'cause I don't even know your name..."

------------

Briana and Wynne walk into their shared house, laughing about something Briana had said. Ever since getting off of work, Briana could not get her mind off of the mystery boy.

"Hey, guys!" Zoe exclaims, bouncing around the corner into the hallway leading to the door. Briana and Wynne stop and take off their shoes before proceeding to greet their housemate. "Anything interesting happen at work today?"

Wynne shakes her head as Briana bites her lip. "Same thing as always. Most entertaining part was getting let off early." Wynne says, laughing. Zoe laughs with her as Briana stays silent.

"I was wondering why you guys were home so early!" Zoe exclaims, putting her finger to her chin. "What about you, B?" Zoe asks Briana who looks to the ground. Briana's wondering whether or not to tell some of her best friends about the experience today. She really couldn't see the harm in doing so...

"I met a guy!" Briana quickly exclaims. She walks out of the small hallway and into the living room with Zoe and Wynne following behind her. Briana plops onto the couch, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"WHAT?" Wynne exclaims, sitting in a bean bag chair near the couch. "Why didn't you tell me this? Is this why you were acting weirdly on the way home?" Wynne asks and Briana bites her lip, nodding her head.

"Is he cute? What's his name?" Zoe asks Briana, sitting next to her on the couch. Typical Zoe, always wanting to know all of the details. Briana loved that about Zoe though.

"He's so hot!" Briana exclaims, before sinking down into the couch. "And that's the thing, I don't even know his name..." Briana admits, trailing off her sentence as her best friends stare at her, confused.

"Wait, I thought you said you met him?" Zoe asks Briana who cringes and shrugs her shoulders.

"Well, technically I did... He asked me where the toilets were and then later in the day asked how old the newborn giraffe is." Briana says, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Oh. Well, you should probably forget him, to be honest." Wynne says, shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah, it's not like you'll ever meet him again." Zoe says, patting Briana's shoulder and smiling sadly.

"You're right." Briana says, sighing and moving her feet to the floor. "Though I wish I could meet him again. Him and his friends just seemed so... What's the word?" Briana says, looking to the ground and scrunching her eyebrows together. "They seemed so... Banterous." Briana finally settles on, looking back up at her friends.

"Banterous?"

"Is that even a word?"

"I don't know!" Briana says, laughing. "I heard them say it at some point and I think it means playfully teasing or something along those lines. At least, that's how they used the word." Briana explains, using her hands to help her speak as she always does.

"Banter. I like that!" Zoe says, laughing, before standing up. "Anyways, Shelby won't be home for dinner. She has another gig tonight. What we feeling?" She asks Wynne and Briana. 

The two girls look at each other, smiling, before turning back to Zoe. "SPAGHETTI!" They both shout, standing up and running past Zoe, into the kitchen.

Zoe laughs, running after her best friends into their decent sized kitchen. Everyone goes about to do their separate jobs. Briana goes to make the garlic bread, Wynne makes the noodles, while Zoe gets started on the sauce.