CHAPTER 3

"Help, I need somebody. Help, not just anybody. Help, you know I need someone, help."

------------

Shelby grabs her guitar, quickly looking at the time. 

6:00.

She takes her guitar and starts playing it. Not to annoy Briana, but to wake her up. Shelby knows that if she didn't do this, Briana would sleep past her alarm and be late to work. Briana knew this too, but can't help but get mad at Shelby for waking her up so early.

"SHUT UP AND DANCE WITH ME!" Briana jolts awake to the sound of Shut Up and Dance coming from the neighboring room. She sits up and attempts to rub the tiredness out of her eyes. Briana stays sitting there, closing her eyes, wishing she could fall back asleep.

"MY DISCOTHEQUE, JULIET, TEEN AGE DREAM!" Briana once again jumps awake when she hears Shelby screaming at the top of her lungs. Briana bangs on the wall adjoining the two room and Shelby stops playing, knowing she has woken Briana up.

Shelby packs her guitar into it case and stands up, checking herself over in the mirror. Her style is always casual. She'll be sitting around playing guitar and singing all day, why bother dressing up? That, and she would much rather dress like a boy than a girl, it's just comfier! 

 She'll be sitting around playing guitar and singing all day, why bother dressing up? That, and she would much rather dress like a boy than a girl, it's just comfier! 

"Where are you off to today, Shelby?" Zoe asks Shelby as she steps out of her bedroom. Zoe is sitting on her laptop, typing away at something.

"Going down in the tube station. That's where I get the most feedback these days." Shelby says, quickly grabbing an apple. "Later, bruh!" Shelby exclaims, holding her hand in the air, making a peace sign.

"You're weird." Zoe says, laughing and shaking her head at she continues to work. Zoe is an interior designer, and a few days ago, she was given a project for the zoo, to redecorate for their educational building.

"I know I am!" Shelby shouts back, walking out the door. Zoe rolls her eyes at her, contemplating what color wood to make the floor of the party room.

Briana mumbles a good morning to Zoe, coming out of her bedroom, rubbing her eyes. Zoe looks up at her and stands up, walking into the kitchen. Briana doesn't even notice her absence as she plops down into a chair at the table, not caring that it was the chair Zoe just got up from.

Zoe comes back into the room, carrying a cup of coffee for Briana. Briana gladly takes it, sighing as she takes a sip, already feeling more energized.

"Are these your plans for the zoo?" Briana asks Zoe who nods her head, leaning over Briana's shoulder and opening up all of her plans so far. "Wow, this will help so much. I was in that room yesterday and boy did it need some work." Briana laughs, taking another sip of her coffee.

"Yeah, well, I try my best!" Zoe says, standing up and closing her laptop. "I'm going into the zoo today, my boss wants to see my progress. I won't be home until after dinner." Zoe says, grabbing her purse and placing her laptop inside of it, since it's a big purse.