Chapter 4

The stranger had disabled the power somehow, and Steve fumbled around. "Who the hell are you?" He said into the pitch black room. The mysterious person chuckled.
  "Relax, Rogers. It's not my fault your power went out. And I just happen to have a key to your apartment." He said as he stepped closer to Steve.
  "Jesus, Stark, what the hell were you thinking?" He whispered, not understanding how Bucky was sleeping through this.
   "I needed to talk to you, Rogers. Why else would I "break" into your apartment?"
Steve sighed, clearly agitated. "What even is the time?" He asked and Tony pulled out his phone. "1:47," he answered, and shoved the device back into the pocket of his jeans. "Aren't you going to ask what I need to talk to you about?" Tony asked, bouncing slightly.
  "Oh, yes, I'm bursting with excitement to know why you broke in." Steve snapped back.
  "I want to put your precious Barnes on trial for killing my parents." Tony said, and at that very instant the power turned back on. Tony was grinning and Steve wanted to punch him, hard.
  "And, why exactly?" Steve practically growled, trying to keep himself from loosing his shit on Stark.
  "Wouldn't you if you were in my place?"
  "No, I wouldn't. You should be putting Hydra on trial. Bucky had no control over what he did, Stark. Yeah, it's shitty that your parents were killed, but don't fucking put Bucky on trial. He feels guilty enough."
  Tony looked amused at Steve's little outburst. "He should feel guilty. He's a murderer, and you may be blind to this because you love him for god knows what reason, but he's going to be put on trial and hopefully get what he deserves." he replied. Steve's hands were in tight fists. "I think you're forgetting that you're technically a murderer as well. But you had a choice." Steve said, referencing the deaths in Sokovia from his missiles, including the parents of the Maximoff twins. Tony didn't even bat an eye at that comment, but didn't acknowledge it either.
  "Rogers, it won't be for at least another year, so you don't have to really worry until then."
  "I'm still going to worry. He's my boyfriend, it's my job to worry."
Tony sighed. "Suppose so. Well, I'll be seeing you, tomorrow, actually. Avengers meeting." He said, now grinning wickedly again.
  "See you then, Stark." Steve said. "Oh, wait, I forgot something. Fuck you." He said, flipping Stark off. He had to refrain himself from slamming the door behind Stark because he was so pissed. He walked back into the living room and saw that Bucky was awake. Sighing, he sat down.
  "How much did you hear?" He asked quietly.
  "All of it..."
Steve sighed. "I-I wish there was some way I could stop him..." he said, looking at his hands. Bucky sat up.
  "I do deserve it, Stevie," he whispered, laying his head on Steve's shoulder. "I do deserve it..."

  Then Steve startled awake.

When he realized it was a dream, he felt like it was somehow a prediction. But the lights were on,  Bucky was still asleep, and Steve was still in the same spot he was when he fell asleep. 'Just a dream, Steve, just a dream,' he told himself, and closed his eyes again. Fifteen minutes later, he was fast asleep again, dreaming only of his true love.

A/N
So I'm sorry this chapter took so long to get up, and I apologize for it being so short, but I hope you enjoy it.

xx hannascarlett