~8~

The entire common room became quiet. I looked up and saw Harry. Everyone was staring at him.

"Dean, Seamus." He says as everyone stared. "Good holiday?" He asked.

"All right." Dean responds. "Better than Seamus', anyways." Seamus slams the Daily Prophet on the table before standing up and moving around the chair.

"e mum didn't want me to come back this year." Seamus stated.

"Why not?" Harry asked.

"Let me see. Uh, because of you. The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you and Dumbledore."

"What, your mum believes them?"

"Nobody was there the night Cedric died."

"I guess you should read the Prophet, then, like your stupid mother." Harry snapped.

"Don't talk about my mother.

"I'll have a go at anyone that calls me a liar." I stood and walked over to Harry placing my hands on his shoulders.

"Harry calm down." I whispered so only he could hear me.

"Anna-" He began but I cut him off.

"Just ignore him."

"Do you believe the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who Anna?" I turn away from Harry and face Seamus.

"Yeah. I do." I say. "Does anyone else got a problem with Harry?' I asked everyone with my hands on my hips. After no one responded Harry left to go up to the boy's dorm. "That's what I thought." I said going back over to Fred and George. I noticed everyone was staring at me. "What?" I snapped. Everyone went back to what they were doing. I sighed leaning my head against George's shoulder.

-

"Annabelle."

I gasp for air before sitting up.

"Anna? You alright?" Hermione asked me. I nodded.

"Just a bad dream." I said turning over in my bed.

-

I lightly laughed as a paper bird flew around the classroom. The boys tried knocking it down. But then it fell onto a desk and the laughter died.

"Good morning, children." Toad-face says in a sickly sweet tone. I roll my eyes as I turned around and looked at her at the back of the classroom as she made her way up the isle. "Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations." She said as it was drawn on the chalk board. "O-W-Ls. ore commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." With a little wave of her wand stacks of books started levitating and going down the isle giving everyone including myself one.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. " I looked down at the book. It read 'Dark Arts Defense: Basics for beginners.' "But you'll be pleased to know, from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic." I skimmed the book. Hermione raised her hand. "Yes?"

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" She said.

"Using spells? Ha-ha. Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." Toad-face says.

"We're not gonna use magic?" Ron asks.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk-free." I stated.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class room." The toad stated turning her back before turning back around with as sickly sweet smile on her toad like face. "It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about."

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry questioned speaking up.

"There is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?" She asked him.

"Oh I don't know maybe Lord Voldemort." He stated. Everyone started whispering to each other.

"Now, let me make this quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie."

"It's not a lie." I called out.

"Detention Ms. Malfoy." She snapped walking to the front of the classroom. I felt something inside me, this pure rage that I've never felt before. And I don't believe I can control it.

"Do NOT call me Malfoy." I stood up from my seat. "My name is not Annabelle Black, daughter of Silver and Sirius Black." I shouted causing a lot of people in class gasp in surprise. "But you already knew that with you hiding that information from my uncle." I can see her tremble in place from anger. "And Voldemort is back. What did you think Cedric dropped dead on his own accord?"

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident."

"It was murder. Voldemort killed him." I argued.

"Enough" She screamed. "Enough." She said again but more calmly. "Come by my office later Ms. Black." I picked up my bag.

"No can do Professor somebody's beat you to it with my detention." I told her before storming out of the classroom.

I don't know what came over me. I felt like I...lost control.

And the worst part of it was....I liked it.

_____________

Oh no what's going with Anna? lol

Vote/Comment