Chapter 8

I couldn't think, or breathe for that matter and it wasn't just because my all time crush was kissing me and I literally couldn't breathe, but I seriously froze up. I didn't react, just stood there. He pulled away from me after a minute, but only to press his forehead against mine.

"Don't say those things Lizzie. Never say them." He whispered. I felt my shoulders relax and a few tears slipped from my eyes and I closed them.

"We're gonna find our parents and get out of this together, I promise, Liz." His voice cracked. "I promise, I won't let anyone hurt you again." He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me closer and I hugged him back, he buried his face into my shoulder. We stayed like that for a bit before I finally looked at him, tear stains were on his cheeks, clearing away the ash that originally stained his cheeks. I smiled a bit then pressed my forehead against his.

"Thank you. I'm sorry about what happened. You were right, I acted irrationally." I whispered. He nodded.

"It's okay, I can't blame you. Just don't do it again." He begged. I nodded.

"Never again."

Then the tent flap opened and Scarlet appeared smirking.

"Well it's about time you two stopped being idiots." She spoke.

"Scar?" I asked. She raised her eyebrows at Chris.

"I'm impressed Chrissy, I never thought you'd make the first move. Liz always seemed more dominate." She smiled, Chris's cheeks, who were now visible after the tears, turned a light pink. I turned to Scarlet.

"How long have you been listening?" I asked.

"Since you two started yelling." She answered and walked closer.

"Weirdos." She chuckled. "Chris has liked you for a while you know." Now it was my turn to blush.

"How long have you known?" I asked. She shrugged. "It's sorta always been there, since you two officially met."

"He was dating someone when we met." I noted.

"Well yeah, but that didn't work out. She wasn't the one. When you smiled and introduced yourself to him, his eyes sorta lit up." Her smile faded and she stared at the top of the tent, then chuckled. "Its strange, for a long time we were the closest things we had, it's amazing how I could notice these things from him." I looked at Chris then smacked his arm.

"You could have said something you know." I scolded. He gave an apologetic smile.

"Sorry."

"So are you two a thing now or what?" Scarlet asked. I looked at Chris and he looked at me, we both smiled.

"Guess so." I giggled softly. Chris wrapped his arms around me triumphantly. That's when Rochelle burst in.

"She's still my wife! Don't forget that!" She warned. Chris laughed. I reached my arms out to her.

"You're still my beloved wife!" I called out dramatically.

"There is way too much love in here." Scarlet scoffed. I smirked then attacked her.

"You too!"

"NO I DON'T WANT YOUR COOTIES!" She yelled. I laughed and hung on, eventually we were all on the floor laughing hysterically. That's when Liam walked in and froze, I had my head on Chris's stomach while we all laughed, but when he walked in, Chris stopped and tensed.

"Uh, did I miss something?" He chuckled.

"Yeah! Chris and Liz are a thing now!" Rochelle announced, Scarlet kicked her.