10

The barbecue starts around noon and my cousins Kyler, Zane, Zane's friend Cody, Peyton and Paige will be here any minute to help set up the waterslide and jump house and everything we didn't do yesterday. Peyton, Paige and I are the only girls. I wake up and take a shower and get dressed. I look in the room next to me where Bryson is staying, and he's still asleep. I go in and jump on his bed untell he wakes up and hits me with a pillow. I take the pillow and hit him with it and run out really fast.

My cousins show up and we start setting up. People start showing up and I go get my camo bikini on. I go outside and run up the waterslide. After a few times of sliding down the stairs and falling down the slide while trying to climb it, Reed pulls up. I slide down and run over to him and rap my arms around his neck.

"You are soaking wet."

"I know. Isn't it cold?"

"Extremely." He says kissing me. A car pulls in next to Reeds. And who gets out? My mom and jake. She doesn't even look at me. She just walks by. Reed looks at me and then at my mom and his dad.

"She hates me."

"No she doesn't." Reed says pulling me into a hug. I was trying not to cry but a tear started to roll down my cheek. Kyler saw me and started walking over to me.

"Hey, you ok Riley?" Kyler asks. I nod and Reed wipes a tear away.

"I'm gonna try and talk to her." I say walking over to where my mom is.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I ask my mom sitting across from her. She looks over at me like she didn't even know I was here.

"I'm not ignoring you."

"You haven't talked to me since I told you about me and Reed."

"Where is Reed?"

"Talking to Kyler. That's not the point. Why are you so mad at me?"

"I'm not mad at you. And I'm not ignoring you. I just can't have you and Reed dating if you want to live with me." Did she really just say that? I am so mad. I stand up and walk away. I start to walk out to the hay barn and I feel a hand grab my arm. I try and pull away but I can't get away.