Tag In Hell House

TRIGGER WARNING! MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND A LITTLE BIT OF GROSS OUT ALERT(NON GRAPHIC)!

*Clara Black's POV*

Summertime is supposed to be pleasant, not depressing.

But that's not how my summer went.

The beginning of my sucky summer started when I went to my friend Vil's for a sleepover. Sounds fun, right? Wrong. It was the most traumatizing moment ever in my 11 years of existence.

"Vil!" I shouted as I walked through the front door of her apartment. "I'm here!"

Vil, short for Hanavilla, is my best friend. She's twelve, and a Muggle. She lost her Mom to lung cancer last year, on Christmas of all days, and she's been living with her now single-parent father ever since.

"Hey, C.A! Glad you made it, all right. Dad's baking sweets." said Vil, cheerfully.

"Hey, Mr. Davis!" I called as we walked past the kitchen to Vil's room.

In Vil's girl room, that made me slightly sick, I dropped my duffle bag on the bed.

We ran around and goofed off until we went for pizza with Mr. Davis. Then we came back, ate sweets,a and ran around a lot more. We didn't crash until midnight.

Vil and I woke up the next morning around 10:30. I was due back home at eleven. Why hadn't Mr. Davis woken us up? Vil and I got dressed and went looking for him.

I was the one who found him.

He was dead in the master bathroom. I scream, "Vil! Come quick!"

She came running. "What's wrong?" she asked, then she sees him. "Oh, my God! Dad!"

Mr. Davis lay sprawled on the bathroom tiles, pale-white, and ice cold. A open bottle of sleeping pills was right beside his head where he'd fallen.

"Dad!" Vil screams again. "What happened?"

"I think he might have committed suicide." I whisper. "The pills next to him, he must have overdosed. We got to call my Mom."

I pull out my new iPhone, and called Mom.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" I don't know how she instantly knew something was wrong.

"It's Mr. Davis. He's dead. We think he committed suicide." I said in a rush.

"I'm coming. Give me five minutes."

Mom showed up and Vil was hysterically sobbing. Man, her life is shitty. Lost her mom to cancer about six months ago and now her dad to suicide. 

I found the note and read it shakily to Mom:

I'm sorry my sweet, Hanavilla. I just couldn't go on any longer without your mother any longer. It's my last request that you live with your grandparents in California. They can take better care of you than I ever could. I love you. I'm so sorry, baby. I'll see your mother, soon. I'll tell her you love her.

-Your Loving Father, Chase Davis

It was blotched with tears and the writing was shaky.

So Hanavilla moved away, off to sunny California. A month later, Mom and I decide to move back to Great Britain.  Mom had a house outside a small town outside of London that she bought with Dad when they first got married.

So, I'm now sitting on my front step writing a birthday letter to Harry as I sip a Pepsi, with my tawny owl, Emerald, beside me. I wish it was time for Hogwarts again. I miss Harry, Ron, and Hermione, I miss sneaking out at night, I miss the forest, I miss visiting Hagrid, I guess I just miss the adventures I have there.