#40 : Jack Dawson Frost - a short fable that I made up in my free time

and so, after sinking in the Atlantic ocean, Jack Dawson befriended a mermaid who gave him a waterproof amulet that makes him basically not die. When he got back to the surface however, everyone was either dead or had left. Jack, being very lost, decided to swim until he found land. eventually found his way to the surface. He eventually entered into the arctic ocean and hypnotized a flock of penguins to carry him to land. when he got to the arctic, he told the penguin army to attack the group of humans and steal their insulated clothing so he wouldnt die. The penguins did this since Jack was their master, but afterwards they began to feel unsure about following him. They rebelled and attacked jack dawson sending him running far away, where he froze to death since the angry humans took their clothes back. As Jack started turning blue from the frostbite, a snow elf pitied him and threw a little charm of protection at him and ran away scared knowing of his acts of evil. Jack took this immediately and gained the power to control the snow and ice. He formed himself a cloak made of ice, his face still frostbitten but seeming painless. He shouted across the snowy land, "I am no longer Jack Dawson! Instead all shall call me Frost, Jack Frost!!" With an evil cackle he turned on his heels and began to seek revenge on the penguins who betrayed him. But something stopped him. Peeking out of the snow was a partially dead shriveled rose, covered with snow. Jack's face fell with realization. "Rose..." He carefully stooped and picked up the flower, brushing it clean of snow, and examining it. Tears trickled out of his icy blue eyes, running across his frostbitten cheeks. "My Rose! How could I have forgotten you!", he fell onto the snowy fields, sobbing his heart out. He brushed away the tears and stood up. "No. I will not cry." He walked back to where the penguins were feasting on the fish they had just stolen from the humans. He cleared his throat causing the penguins to look at him. They squealed in terror and some ran off. "NO DON'T GO. FRIENDS PLEASE!" he said to them. they turning back to him, anxious to hear what he had to say. Jack took a breathe, "There is a woman. I need to find her. Please help me." the penguins turned their beaks up in refusal. "I'm sorry for the acts of evil I did. Please. I need to see Rose again." There were mutters between the birds as they conversed. All together the penguins nodded and stood side by side in a line. They bowed to their leader and stayed that way until he said to rise. The army then marched across the arctic with Jack Dawson Frost as their leader. Jack ran his fingers through the petals of the shriveled rose in the pocket of his cloak and broke into a run. He ran as fast he could, searching for the love of his life that he had so tragically been torn from. "I'm coming Rose! We will see each other again! I'll be back!", Jack Dawson Frost said racing across the snowy fields with the penguins waddling as fast as they could behind.

(to be continued)