Chapter Six

Alderaan System

As soon as they exited lightspeed, Han felt the rocks hitting the cockpit all around. He held out his hand, stumbling for the pilot’s seat. Behind him, Danielle gripped it, launching herself into the copilot’s seat. Both of them focused on their powers together.

Han heard Chewbacca’s roar of shock and surprise as a glowing orange ball of energy surrounded the Falcon and started disintegrating rocks as they flew closer. "Focus on the flying, Beast," Han snapped. "We’re a little busy."

Danielle stood, backing up so Chewbacca could get into her seat. Her eyes flashed a quick white, and a jagged bolt of electricity lit up the way. "It’s completely gone," she whispered in shock.

Behind them, she heard the sound of Luke and Obi-Wan coming in. "Don’t interrupt," she warned them, not turning in their direction.

"What’s to interrupt?" Obi-Wan asked in reply, then cut off when she threw a pointed look in his direction."

"The thing is, how did this happen?" Han asked.

"No idea," Danielle admitted, looking out the cockpit. "Should I go back to Cerebro?"

"Not unless you want us to get hit by a potentially fatal piece of rock," Han replied, gripping her hand tighter. The fiery barrier outside strengthened.

Danielle gripped his tighter as well, and the barrier flew outwards more, releasing a sonic shock that made every rock nearby explode.

She heard a sharp intake of breath. "How in space did you do that?" Luke asked in surprise.

"Two years and counting of running from Imperials who want mutants," Han replied, releasing Danielle’s hand. "Now, we just need to – "

He was cut off by the proximity alert. "Someone’s coming," he snapped, leaning forward to check.

"Maybe they saw something?" Luke asked hopefully.

Danielle froze where she was standing as she remembered the minds from Cerebro. The evil minds . . .

All around, switches started flipping, preparing the Falcon for a fight. "Dani!" Han shouted, looking around, just when Danielle found the switch she was looking for.

The shields.

Danielle flicked them on just as laserfire began spitting onto them.

Han blinked, looking out the cockpit as a very familiar starship came flying past. "TIE fighters," he breathed in shock, looking at Danielle. "Nice job, Magneta."

Danielle hissed. "I don’t like that name, Shadowcat."

Han snorted. "Nice comeback."

Danielle smirked. "So where’s he going, may I ask?"

Han looked out the window again, then narrowed his eyes. "Looks like he’s headed for that small moon."

Danielle looked out as well, then heard Obi-Wan’s intake of breath from behind her. "That’s not a moon."

"Then what is it?" Luke asked.

"A space station."

Han shook his head. "It’s too big to be a space station."

Danielle’s eyes widened as she slowly got a grip on it with the Force. "Han, turn around," she said, starting to get scared.

"Dani, I can’t," Han replied, busy with various switches. "I’m gonna try and cut his signals."