Epilogue

Play music on the side when the Emperor unleashes his rage. X-Men ending credits!

***

The Senate Building of Coruscant

“My lord . . . the Death Star has been destroyed.”

He looked down at his apprentice in shock and in anger, standing from his chair. “How?” he hissed in anger. “How could such an invincible weapon be destroyed?”

Darth Vader didn’t look up. He commended his apprentice on that. “They found the plans, they found the weakness. They used it to their advantage.” He hesitated. “And they have a dangerous ally now.”

The Emperor looked down at Vader, almost dreading the answer. “Who?” he hissed.

“The X-Men.”

And the Emperor’s fury was released.

When he had dismissed Vader a few minutes later, the Emperor began pacing around the room in fury. The X-Men. A team he hadn’t heard about in forever.

Not since nineteen years ago when the Sith rose to power. They’d been thoroughly destroyed. And now they were back.

He folded his arms, remembering those days. He had tried so hard to make his plan work. He thought it had, the X-Men had practically disintegrated with the fall of the Jedi Order.

And now, somehow, they had returned.

The Emperor had to check and make sure that these rumors were true. If they were, the Empire would be in considerable danger indeed.

No matter that the Death Star was destroyed. The X-Men were something to fear far and wide. That was on his worry list now.

He strode out of the room. He couldn’t think now. He couldn’t rest.

And I promise, he vowed, feeling his anger swell inside of him, that I will not rest until these X-Men are dead!

Across the galaxy, all members of the Empire heard his vow, and they shuddered with the power, not because they knew that the Emperor meant his promise.

The Emperor’s promises were always carried out no matter what.

As far as they were concerned, if the X-Men ever messed with the Empire again, they were asking for suicide. And somehow they knew that that was what they would get if the Emperor was around if they ever attempted it.

***

Behold, the end of X-Men: A New Hope. :)

How many people liked it? Be honest, please. List your favorite part and your least favorite below, so I can try and fix those up in the next five books.

Yes, the next five. I said five. The Empire Strikes Back is up next, followed by Return of the Jedi, and then the prequel trilogy. Boy, what fun I'll have.

Look for the next coming soon! Until then, let's hope the X-Men don't attempt a suicide mission. :)

Hope you liked it, and give me feedback!

 - Hayley

P.S., if I didn't mention it before, whoever correctly guesses what Leia needs Danielle's help with will get the first dedication for the next story. ;)