Chapter 4 - If I Get To Kill Isabella

I went downstairs to find my driver waiting for me with the carriage. The carriage wasn't necessarily a carriage, we demons just called it one. It was more like the cars humans used at Earth but it's design was a lot different, and we didn't need fuel to start it. Instead, we used our energies and channeled it into the carriage to get it moving. Demons that were rich kept drivers as these carriages used up a lot of energy and we'd rather save our energy for other, more important things.

I quickly got into the carriage, and waited for the driver to get going. I honestly could have walked to Devon's house, but I'd have to drag the girl back and I'd rather not have to carry a struggling human in my arms.

We reached Devon's in a matter of minutes and I immediately got out. I didn't have to knock as I had the energy code to his house. In Rovana, we had locks as well as energy codes. Energy codes were definitely a more secure option as anyone could find a key or break the lock. Energy codes were strong and no one could get in using them unless you tell someone the code.

I knew Devon's energy code as I had stayed at Devon's for such a long time after my parents had passed away. Now I was back at my castle, as I had duties to fill and I wasn't a young teen anymore. I didn't need anyone to take care of me anymore.

I walked into Devon's house to find him, sitting on the sofa watching television. The television was a complete human contraption. Many of the things we used, were stolen from Earth and duplicated so many of our technology was the same. I had to admit, the humans were smart creatures. They definitely had a lot to offer.

As soon as Devon saw me, he turned the t.v off and turned to me, looking really alert.
"Dimitri, please don't hurt them. It's all I'm asking." Devon immediately started saying and I felt ashamed, knowing that I'd have to kill the girl. Devon knew it too.

Just as I was about to respond, I noticed something. More like two people. A girl and the little boy. I froze as I eyed the girl. I couldn't see her face as she was trying to hurry out of the room, with her back facing me. But her hair, her body, the way she walked, it was all so familiar. So hauntingly familiar.

I didn't want to believe. I couldn't believe it. It couldn't be her. She wasn't real. She wasn't supposed to be.

"Turn around." I demanded causing both her and the boy to freeze in fear. I had to see if it was really her. I needed to know so badly. The way she froze in fear was so familiar too. The wait was killing me. I needed to see. I wouldn't believe it until I saw her face.

"Dimitri, just let them go. They don't deserve this." Devon started protesting but I put my hand up, silencing him. I didn't care about anything right now. All I wanted to know was if she was the one from my dreams.

"I said turn around. I won't repeat myself again." I demanded, raising my voice. I didn't like how she wouldn't listen to me. I was the King, and no one had the right to disobey me. Especially a human who knew well enough how easily I could kill her.

She stopped before slowly turning around, staring down at the ground the whole time. My eyes widened to the size of saucers in shock. It was actually her. It was fucking Isabella. I couldn't believe it. This was a dream. A cruel nightmare in fact. This couldn't be real.

She had the same goddess-like long, black hair that I loved stroking and running my fingers through, all those times I had kissed her in my dreams. Her eyes were the same pools of melted chocolate I loved getting myself lost in too.