Chapter 5 - Otherworldly

I was so angry. I couldn't do it. Why? I had no idea. I just couldn't kill her. I was so angry at her for existing. Why the fuck is she real? I don't want her to be real. She's going to ruin everything. In fact she already had. The Shadow was definitely not sparing me at all tonight.

I looked down at her with an angry scowl on my face. "The only reason you're not dead is because my friendship with Devon is far more important to me than killing humans. But I'm not letting any of you survive for free." I was definitely not letting her or any of the girls go for free. Just because I'm not going to kill them doesn't mean that I'm letting them go. I had to show the Shadow that I wasn't going to go easy on them. That way he'd be satisfied with me for a little while.

I began undoing the straps that kept Isabella down in the chair. I then pulled her up, grabbing her right arm. I dragged her out into the hallway and started taking her towards the cell where all the girls were kept. Once we got there, I handed Isabella off to a guard before angrily walking off to find Devon.

I was angry at him for making me have second thoughts about killing the girls. He knows I don't have a choice. Yet he still chose their side. I soon found him downstairs with the little boy, Thomas. "Devon!" I grumbled when I saw him causing him to grin at me.

"Don't get mad at me Dimitri but it's seriously time you try another approach to your problem. Killing people is just making the Shadow stronger and stronger. Maybe try seeing how long you can push the Shadow-"

"Shut up Devon! You just like Isabella, that's why you're saying all this." I growled at him, angry that he was letting his lust for Isabella cloud his judgement.

"I do like Isabella but not in the way you think, Dimitri. You know I love Shayla!" He exclaimed causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"Well guess what Devon? Shayla doesn't love you anymore. Get the fuck over her already." I said glaring at him, causing him to glare back.

"You don't need to be a jerk about it. And can't you see a little child here? Stop swearing!" Devon hissed causing me to roll my eyes.

"Whatever, just don't let Isabella get to your head." I said as I turned toward the door.

"Why? Is she getting to your head?" He questioned as he pushed past me and out the door with the little boy.

"No, she's not. And because you're annoying as hell, I decided to let the girls live." I said before explaining everything to him. Once I was done explaining, we decided I should go and introduce myself to the girls and assign them their roles.

Once we reached the cells where the girls were kept, the guard opened the door for us letting us enter. Just then Thomas left Devon's arms and ran towards Isabella, of course. Since apparently everyone seems to like her. I rolled my eyes at the thought.

I quietly watched as Isabella picked him up and held him tight in a hug. "You're alive!" Thomas said in his small boyish voice to her as tears slid down her face. I rolled my eyes again. They were so damn dramatic.

"Bella." Devon said smiling at her. Bella? Since when did he call her Bella? I watched Isabella smile back as she wiped her tears away. I felt the scowl on my face deepen.

Just then the guard introduced me to the girls and all eyes turned to me, fear etched into all their eyes. Except one girl's. One very hot girl I should say. She was tall and lean and had legs that ran on for miles. Her hair was brown, shorter than Isabella's dark hair, and her eyes were a bright green.