Chapter 23: Aftermath

Sideswipe's P.O.V.

"Rack, Ruin, Sureflight..." Legacy kept mumbling. I only caught the names cause she was mumbling in a different language. Her sire was by her side, comforting her. She was put in line to get looked at by the medics. She was a few Bots behind me.

I noticed she had that weird stuff organics grow on top of her head and a thick, energon-like substance was caked at her head around her temple.

"Legacy?" I say. Her optics flick to mine, then to Sunstreaker. Her optics fill with rage.

"Screw you! I helped you so you'd help me and you turned your back. Fragger!" She shouted. Sunstreaker's anger flared and he advanced toward her.

"Who do you think you are?! You came here and acted like the entire universe revolved around you with your I'm-a-victim-in-everything attitude. You're insubordinate antics got me expelled and kept away from my brother. You know nothing of the world and you should have died in that blast. The only thing that kept you alive was your similarity to a scraplet. Do not ever speak to me or my brother again!" He ranted.

Her sire stood and walked over to Sunstreak challenging him. My twin did not back down.

"Don't you ever speak to her like that again. I'll lock you up in maximum security prison and throw away the key." He threatened.

"On what charges?" Sunstreaker baited,

"I'll think of something." He growled, before returning to his creation.

Sunstreaker huffed before returning to me.

::Why did you say all those mean things to her?:: I question, looking at him incredulously.

::She is vermin.:: He said, his spark radiated irritation.

::Don't say that about her. She helped you find me, so give her some credit.:: I say.

::She said she'd only help if I was willing to search for her cousins.:: He countered.

I block him from my thoughts, disappointed in him. She saved Kup. She saved us. And she was my friend.

Legacy's P.O.V.

I was in shock. Is that what others thought of me? Just a little crybaby. I stayed silent as I sat by my Dad, waiting for Jolt. He was the only medic who could work on me.

As I waited my thoughts wandered. Who was going to tell Adrian about Sureflight? Was there anyone who was going to miss Rack and Ruin? Tears well up in my eyes and I blink them away.

"Legacy, it's your turn." Dad said, helping me to my feet. Jolt's gurney was stained with the energon of other Bots. He looked tired and surprised to see me.

"Thank goodness you were found." He said. I was worried that he was going to ask about Maverick. He started to clean up my head wound and he forced me to look in the direction of the Terror Twins.

I made optic contact with Sideswipe and he gave me a sympathetic look. His injuries were being looked at by another medic, and Sunstreaker had a close optic on his twin and the medic.

I avert my eyes and look to the ground at my feet. My right pede was covering in blue paint and the left was white. Both were badly scratched up. All my armor was mismatch. I didn't mind though. It wasn't uncommon for Bots to have mismatch armor.

It was soon time to go home. Jolt had finished patching me up and he moved on to the next Bot. I felt like a little girl again as Dad took my hand in his servo, leading me to the lifts. It reminded me of better times with Mom, Orion, and Adrian too. We were a family. I look up at Dad and his tear stained face as we descended in the lifts.

When we finally arrived home, I sat on the couch and Dad went to the galley to get me some energon, infused with my human nutrients. I didn't even bother turning on the reports, knowing what was already on, having just been through it.

I felt strange just sitting here like it was any other day. My friends died and I was sitting on the couch, my father waiting on me. It didn't feel right.

Thinking about the Bots who lost there lives, especially Rack, Ruin, and Sureflight and how I was unable to find my cousin made me cry. I let out a sob, letting the tears flow down my cheeks.

Dad was by my side in moments, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I leaned into him, curling into his side, letting out all my sorrow.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.

My brother's injuries consisted of a bent axle, minor damage to his processor that would heal with time, and the damage to his helm that made him become friends with that freak. How dare she address me in such a way?!

::Give her some credit. Legacy's not all bad. She looks weird, but she's got a good spark.:: My twin defended her.

"Doesn't matter. You're not hanging out with her anymore." I declare, giving Sideswipe our last cube. My entire stash of energon and speeders were stolen and left us broke. Kup and Sides found out about my extra curricular activities and you could say they were less than pleased. Neither approved, not that I expected them to. I just wanted them to have my back.

"I need to thank her at least. You should too. What has she ever done to you?" Sides pestered.

"She's an abomination. Now get some rest." I order.

Sides huffed at me and laid down next to me. I was sitting up, picking at the dirt on my armor. The paint was now scratched, dull, and dirty. Unacceptable. Just like how the femme talked to me.

I am Sunstreaker. I fight in the pits! I am feared by all my opponents. All who've faced me have never lived to tell the tale. All I heard was the crowds roaring my name in victory.