4. They broke up?

"Eden I need help!" I say to my phone. I hear a soft hum on the other end. I couldn't help but picture Eden nodding his head.

"I'm here" he states. I sigh not knowing how to state my problem.

"I went to Hide's place last night..." As I say those words the silence came. The silence I knew wasn't a good sign. Regret started to build up in my chest. Until finally he heaved out a really long sigh.

"Why'd you do that?"

"I don't know!" I whine. I could hear Eden scoff at my words.

"I know why you did that.." He says. I nod my head.

"Yes you do.." I say quietly.

"Yes I do, anyway I have the daily report with me." he states, his tone changing a bit, making it sound a little bit awkward. But either way my heart skipped a beat. After my breakup with Hide I told Eden to spy on him and I wanted daily reports. I smiled ear to ear, feeling elated.

"Really? Oh my gods! Okay okay tell me! I need it now!" I could tell the annoyance in Eden's sigh but I didn't really care about it. He was the one who decided to be my best friend, I mean he could've had stuck to his bully ways and ignore me for the rest of his life. I hear Eden take a huge inhale of air before telling me the news.

"HideandMilabrokeup" He says a little bit faster than the desired speed. But either way I understood him very well. I just couldn't take it in, though. The whole news was a little bit unexpected.

"Th- They broke up?" I say in my suspicious tone.

"Yes you heard me right, Hide and Mila broke up, last night." Eden says. It all makes sense how Mila exited Hide's house with a bang, I mean literally. She banged their front door and her car door, but I didn't even think too much about it. I directly hung up the phone before Eden could say anything more.

I started screaming at the top of my lungs, definitely elated with the news I just received. Soon enough Natasha enters my room and scolds me.

"Sorry, I was just er-erhm practicing my vocal chords." I say smiling apologetically. She close the door to my room.

"I finally have a chance" I whisper to myself

~

The next morning was great, I think. I woke up giddy and cheerful and I finally decided to wear a good pair of clothing. I even styled my hair today and put a little makeup on. Right now I'm walking at the hallways alone, a wide grin plastered on my face. I see Eden walking towards me.

"You look cheerful today" Eden says nudging me softly.

"Hahaha, is me being happy really that unusual?" I giggle, he looks at me with the are you serious face. I roll my eyes at him.

"Eden, a girl deserves to be happy sometimes" I say turning left towards my locker, he follows. I put in the combination and start to get my necessary books for class. Eden was silent the whole walk towards my room then we parted ways.

"See you at lunch.." he said I nod my head. I enter my room to my surprise Hide wasn't around. He's probably late. I tell myself. I sit down and class finally starts.

3 classes later and Hide is still nowhere, not that we have every class together but 3rd subject for today we are classmates. Mila was here but she wasn't her normal prideful/ witchy self. I turn to look at her but she just looks out the window. She's probably thinking why Hide broke up with her. I'm sorry but I easily assume things. Her gaze turns towards me and she shakes her head like she was trying to tell me something.