Chapter 6

It's time to go!"

Feathertail opened her eyes. Leopardstar was strolling around camp yowling the words into each of the dens. Feathertail blinked and stretched, the sunlight warming her fur.

She had completely forgotten that the Clans were leaving their homes today. It didn't seem fair. The Twolegs hadn't worked so hard to make camps and defend their boundaries. And they still won. And they always would because they were bigger and stronger. Feathertail sighed and poked Swallowtail next to her awake. Then she padded out, still yawning.

The camp was in chaos. Queens ran around, collecting kits. Mothwing was yowling something to Leopardstar, not even trying to gather the traveling herbs. Mistyfoot was looking extremely stressed as she ran over to Feathertail.

"Mudfur is dying." she told the silver she-cat.

"Oh no!" Feathertail felt her heart sink. That's why Mothwing had been so distracted.

"Yes, well we need you to go get another medicine cat. And after that can you go to each Clan and check that their ready to go?"

Feathertail nodded, thinking this would be easy since all three other Clans were in ThunderClan's new camp at Sunningrocks. Mistyfoot gave her a look.

"Well go!"

Feathertail nodded and raced out of camp towards the ThunderClan border.

Trees flew by and she easily leaped over a small part of the river. She enjoyed the feeling of supplness in her legs and let out a laugh, running as fast as she could.

She was so far into her joy and happiness that she failed to see the root in front of her. Failed to slow down or leap over it. She didn't even notice until she felt the snsation of herself flying into the air, landing hard on her back. And then there was only blackness.