Chapter 7

Feathertail woke up to see startled blue eyes staring back at her. She let out a small yowl of shock and tried to move back. But all she could do was stare at Crowfeather as he pulled away. She lifted her head a little and looked at him.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to frighten you! Really! I was just so worried, they said the concussion was really bad!"

"What?" All the new infromation and things Crowfeather was saying made her head hurt and she let her head fall back into the soft moss.

"Oh yeah, Cinderpelt said you'd be confused."

"Where are we?" Feathertail asked, wondering why Cinderpelt was treating her and not Barkface or Mothwing.

"We're in ThunderClan camp. They found you over the border, passed out under a huge oak tree, a bumb the size of a goose egg on the back of your head!"

Feathertail tried to feel the bump, but her legs didn't respond to her thoughts.

Crowfeather looked at her nervously. "Cinderpelt said it will take a while for the concussion to go away. Until then your legs and tail might not respond to your thoughts."

Feathertail's eyes widened, "So...how are we going to get to our new home?"

Crowfeather bit his lip. "Their all waiting until you get better."

Feathertail struggled to sit up, eyes frantic, "No! They have to go! More cats will die unless they leave!"

Crowfeather watched her worriedly, then called someone's name. Cinderpelt, the ThunderClan medicine came in and look that Feathertail, then to Crowfeather. "She's getting emotional. I'm going to give her some poppy seeds." She dissappeared into a small crevice and returned, hopping on three paws with small black seeds in one.

Feathertail shook her head, "No! You have to get them all out of here! You have to-"

Cinderpelt tok the chance and threw the seeds into Feathertail's mouth. Feathertail struggled for another moment, then fell fast asleep.