Prologue-The End is Nigh

"I wouldn't call it simple.  You will be attempting to siphon its power your own speed trails.  It will take a massive amount kinetic energy."

Wally felt Artemis stiffen beside him.  "Do you think it  be enough?" But Wally knew it wouldn't.  He was already on his way to join Flash and Impulse.  He briefly heard the transporter's identification call over the thrumming of his heart.  "Recognized: Kid Flash B-0-3"  

Kid Flash shuddered against the cold air and looked around at the new arctic setting.  "Go, Go, Go!"  His thoughts raced as he propelled himself over the slick snow.  "Hopefully it's not too late!"  Suddenly in the distance he saw the cave break up and a huge, twister like Crystal formed.  A red streak was rotating around the bottom, and slowly creeped higher along the twister.  "Keep going!"

Kid Flash slowly confronted the massive Crystal and gained speed.  Ice blue lighting shot out randomly.  Swiftly, he was sucked in the vortex's wind.  "Run, Wally! "  He thought.  "Catch up to the others!"  

"I think it just might be working!"  Impulse's voice rang out in the loud sound of the roaring wind.  Kid Flash was almost there!  He pushed harder, concreting on his feet and legs.  Kid flash glanced a red blur ahead.  "Flash! I'm almost there!"  

Then Flash's voice called out.  "It's definitely slowing, but not stopping."  Kid Flash sprinted forward with a burst of energy.  "So close..."  "Even at our top speed,  I'm not certain the two of us can generate enough kinetic energy-"  Wally darted forward at last.  "-Than how about the three of us!"  Wally declared.   "I may not be as fast as you two, but I can add my fair share of kinetic energy!"  Wally then looked at Impulse smugly.  "Besides, I can't let the new kid take all the credit for saving the world!" Flash and Impulse beamed.  "Good Man!"  "O-oh Crash!"  They cheered.  Then they both abruptly shot forward running, leaving Kid Flash behind. 

 Wally scolded himself when he stayed at the same speed.  "Come on Wall man, you can do better than that!"  Kid Flash thrust  himself forward as the  Vortex slowed furthermore.  The mass of the funnel decreased.

"AGGHH!"  Kid Flash felt the painful blows as the lightning struck him.  His eyes widened.  The energy was going out through him.  "AAHHHHH!"  He gasped as realized his body was becoming translucent.

"AUUUHHHH!"  The lightning strength and Wally's pain grew worst.  Flash looked horrified as he saw Kid Flash.   "Bart, we have to slow down for him." Flash instructed frantically.  "Try to siphon off some of the energy attacking Wally!"  

"AUHHHHGHH!"  Wally was drained of energy and hope.  Their plans were not working, and he was being attacked more and more.  

No hope.

He was going to die.

Flash reached out, try to pull his nephew forward, but the energy made his hands to too translucent.  Also Kid Flash was farther behind.  

Wally was on the verge of tears, but he spited out a few words, "Ah, It's no good Barry.  Aw man, Artemis is so gonna to kill me for this.  Auhg, and don't even get me started on Mom and Dad." 

Flash was petrified.  Wally was fading away, almost gone.  "Kid?" Flash cried.

"Just tell them, okay?"  Wally whimpered in a hushed, but serious tone as his body was turned almost transparent.

"KID!" Flash yelled.

But It was too late.  Kid Flash's body shattered and vaporized into the vortex.  

Blackness consumed him from the icy world.  

And all he thought was Artemis...

⚡ ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ ⚡

Artemis watched as the twister vanished .  She ran over to the clearing fog.  "They did it, ha! It's over!"  Miss Martian shouted as she flew over.  Flash and Impulse panted heavily as and they regained their strength. 

 "Wait, no..."  She gasped.  Aqualad stared to speak.  "Congratulations, you have sav-" But Artemis had no time for that.  

"Wait..."  She was suddenly horrified.  Flash and Impulse's eyes, the icy cold air..  "..Where's Wally?"  Her eyes stared to tear up.

Flash looked down, but then stepped forward.  "Artemis. He wanted he to tell you.."  He paused full of sorrow.  "No. No!" She  whispered.  "...he loved you."

Tears poured down Artemis's cheeks as she began to sob.  Her knees collapsed under her, and Miss Martian came over to comfort her.  She wailed into the cold, cloudy sky.

All she could think of was Wally...

⚡ ⚡ ⚡ ⚡ ⚡