Chapter 3: The Black Flash

"I've taken lots of chances before,  but I ain't gonna give any more.

Just don't ask me,

That's how it goes, I'm possibly stuck here forever."

Time had no meaning.  

Hunger had no thought in his mind.

He felt the air cool, the light dim.  It felt like night.

But it was dark and cold.  Shadows were cast around him, and the junk scattered around him lost their distinct color.  A blue fog rolled in.  

Night in the speedforce.

More like night in hell.

Was this even night?  Or was it something else. 

The darkened energy around him was bleak.   It was a haunting sight.

There he laid, a yellow heap.  

He was curled up in a ball, looking over the edge of nothing.  Wally wanted to try run, but the edge was too frighting to run by.  

"Maybe tomorrow I'll try."

He was still exhausted from his last run.

Last Run...

Kid Flash shook his head.

 He looked down at himself.   His hands were dirty with the powdery dirt.  He pulled up his mask and stood up yet again.

"It is worth it, for my little Spitfire."  

He felt a slight breeze on his dusty face.   The land he was standing on had the width of a house, but it was long as his eyes could see.  

"Run Kid! RUN!"  

He started to run in a circle, creating a small vortex of Wind and Dust.  It reminded him of the swirling vortex at the pole.

 Minutes passed.  He pushed hard as he could as he went at his top speed.  A flicker of lightning formed behind him.  "YES!"  He cried.   

"COME. ON........."  He panted hard, pushing as fast he could go.

"Wally..."  

"Wha-?"  Suddenly he tripped over and went toppling off the land.  

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGG!"  He grasped on to a root.   A few pebbles fell into the blackness below him. 

"Oh my god."  He said.  

"I could of died.  Or would I?"

He thought about just letting go...........

No.  That was his last resort.  

"Wally..."

It sounded like death personified into dripping voice. 

As Kid Flash pulled himself upwards back onto the ground, he felt a chill go down his spine as he felt like he was being watched. 

"But by whom?  There was no one else here!"  He told himself.

Suddenly a black blur streaked by him, followed by a black hand reached for him only inches from his face.  He fell backwards but then jumped back up in a battle stance.  

Whatever just happened, he knew he was not alone! 

"Who's there?"  Kid Flash called out.  He glanced back at the looming edge to nothingness.  "Could it have fallen off?"  He thought as he peered into the vast darkness below.  The edge was like the end of the world, universe just ended.