Chapter Five

Liam's POV

We didn't arrive on the island until mid-afternoon the next day. Samuel and I had no alternative but to give Elisabeth and her friend more sedative. We needed to make sure that they won't wake up until we have everything set. I've ordered about twenty guardians to keep watch of the house. I won't tolerate having them trying to escape once they awaken. Having the extra workforce will also come in handy if Angela refuses to leave willingly. Samuel and I stood outside the door, preparing for what's about to play out. I looked down at Elisabeth as she laid in my arms. She's worth any hardship that may come. "You made the right choice," Samuel assured me as he held Elisabeth's friend. I let out a long sigh, "Believe me, I know." I signaled for one of my guardsmen to let us in.

Angela most have noticed the car outside. She stood at the top of the stairway with a pink silk robe on. Her arms were crossed as she hugged her waist. "Who are these girls?" She questioned. "Samuel, go ahead and take her friend to my room." I instructed, "Guards, I need one of you to take Elisabeth as well. Make sure she's comfortable and that you bolt the door on your way out." One of my men took Elisabeth from my arms, I watched as him and Samuel made their way past Angela and into my bedroom.

"Liam, why are you letting another woman sleep in our bed? Who is she?" Angela asked loudly. "She's my mate." I answered boldly. Angela's face grew faint, "That's not possible, we agreed that we didn't want our mates, we agreed that it would always just be you and me!" Her voice cracked in between her words. "I know that this must be difficult for you, but please try to be understanding. I had no idea what meeting my mate would feel like. Once I saw her, I couldn't bring myself to let her go. I need her Angie, I'm so sorry." I replied. Angela began sobbing uncontrollably, "Where did you meet her?" I could see her legs starting to tremble. "On my trip, it was unexpected," I answered. Angela let out a taunting laugh, "So what you're trying to say is that she's human?" Her words made me grow angry, "Why does it matter?" I sternly asked. Angela looked at me with wide eyes, "It matters! How is a human going to be your Luna? She looks like a teenager for the love of God!"

Samuel let out a chuckle. I didn't even realize that he and the guard were standing by the door. Angela turned to face him, "What's so funny?" Samuel adjusted his posture before replying, "It's just that she actually is a teenager. Pardon me for laughing, I just found that to be amusing." I looked at Samuel with angry eyes. Why the fuck did he have to say that. "She's eighteen. I wouldn't necessarily call that a teenager," I scolded. Angela's face grew red with rage, "Let me get this straight, you brought a teenager in our home and in my bed all because you assumed she could replace me!"
"Let me make myself clear," I spoke through clenched teeth, "This is not your house, and that is not your bed. Why can't you understand that she's not replacing you? It was never your true place to begin with, and you need to understand that." Angela stood before me, stunned at my words. I motioned for Samuel and the guard to come forward. "I've arranged for you to stay at the Mercury Home. One of my servants will bring your belongings to you tomorrow. If I see you near this house, I will assume you're here to cause harm, and I will not hesitate to act accordingly." I sternly informed her. Angela shook her head in protest, "You're not going to send me away to live with a bunch of widows, I won't allow it." I let out a mocking chuckle in return, "Get her out of here."

I watched as Samuel and the guard dragged Angela away. She wasn't leaving without a fight. She kicked and screamed as if she was a toddler in a Walmart toy section. When the door closed behind them, I leaned against the wall letting out a deep breath. I can only hope that my people will understand my decision. I took a moment to collect myself before making my way downstairs. I poured myself a half-glass of whiskey and grabbed a pack of cigarettes from a drawer. I deserve it considering the day I've had so far. The front door opened just as I was about to sit on the patio. I turned back to see Samuel. "I hope you won't mind. I let two other guards take over. I couldn't bear to listen to her screaming for much longer." I laughed in amusement, "Would you like a glass?" I asked as I held up the whiskey. Samuel smiled, "Don't mind if I do." After pouring him a glass, we walked to the patio and took a seat.

"We were together for thirteen years. Thirteen fucking years." I spoke, "You would think that I would at least feel bad for leaving her like that, but I don't." Samuel looked at me while taking a sip from his glass. "Let me tell you a little story," He sighed, "Back when your dad and I were in high school, he had a girlfriend just like Angela. I believe they were together for a few years. He thought he was in love." He laughed as he took another sip, "That was until he met your mother. He refused to speak one word to his newfound mate. Of course, your mom was pissed, so she asked him to choose between her or the other girl. The dumbass ended up choosing his girlfriend, and your mom left." I looked at him in confusion, "That's not possible; my parents have been together for more than forty years." I interrupted. Samuel put a cigarette between his lips, "You didn't let me finish." I watched as he struggled to light it as the wind blew in his direction. "After he chose his girlfriend, things were never the same. Think of it like this. Let's say you spend your whole life drinking diet soda, but you find yourself trying the real deal one day. Once you've tasted the good shit, you won't want that old bland shit anymore, because it'll never taste as good again." I gave him a quizzical look, "That's a terrible example."
"You get the point." He laughed, "Anyways, it only took a few days for your dad to realize he made a mistake. But by that point, the damage was done. It took your mom years to forgive him entirely—That's why I called you out yesterday. I didn't want you to make the same mistake he did and have to live the rest of your life unhappy with a woman who will never compare." I looked over at Samuel with a smile. Maybe he's not so bad after all.