Chapter Eight

Liam's POV

I arrived home at midnight, which was not expected. Everyone on the island overheard the news about Angela and Elisabeth. They all decided to stop by my father's office to bombard me with questions. For the most part, my people were accepting, but a few took it upon themselves to call me out. They said that I should have known better than to leave Angela the way I did and replace her with a human. Frankly, I could care less for their opinions. All that matters is I get to come home to my mate at the end of the day.

I walked through my front door, setting my keys on the entry table. Samuel greeted me from the living room, "Hey, everything went fine today. They only came out of the room to eat." "That's good, do you know where Elisabeth is?" I asked. Samuel turned to point at the guest bedroom door, "She's still with her friend."

I walked over to the door, lightly knocking. No one responded so I cracked the door open silently. Elisabeth and her friend were cuddled up on the bed. "Elisabeth," I called out. I watched as her eyes rushed open. "Let's go. You had plenty of time together today." I told her sternly. She slowly got up from the bed dragging herself out of the room.I left her friend a bag of toiletries and clothes in front of the door. I was so occupied today that I forgot to ask someone to do so earlier. "Here," I spoke while handing Elisabeth a bag, "Go take a shower in the room, come get me when you're done."

I watched as she drowsily made her way upstairs. When she was gone, I stepped into the kitchen, pulling out a cold beer from the fridge. I opened the can as I walked over to the living room, having a seat next to Samuel. "It looks like you've had an easy day," I sighed. Samuel gave me a concerned look before responding, "I wish I could say the same for you. How did everyone take the news?" I let out a chuckle, "Like I expected, some people were happy for me, others called me selfish." Samuel rolled his eyes, "Don't pay them any mind; no one knows how to mind their own damn business nowadays." I took a sip of my beer before clutching the remote, "Amen to that"

An hour passed, and Elisabeth still hasn't come downstairs. I began to grow worried and decided to go and check on her. When I opened the bedroom door, I found her laid out across my bed sleeping. Her hair was damp, and she was wearing one of my t-shirts. "Hey sleeping beauty" I called out. She slowly opened her eyes, "What do you want" she whined. I walked over to the bed, picking up her used towel, "I told you to come to get me when you were finished. And why are you wearing my shirt when I brought you new clothes? I thought you said you hated them." She rolled over, letting out a moan, "Well, I lied. Do you have a problem with that?" I laughed at her crankiness, "No ma'am, wear them all you want."

I walked over to my dresser, pulling out a new pair of boxers. As I was about to make my way to the bathroom, Elisabeth spoke, "Kelsey and I were wondering if you could maybe let us go out sometime. We hate being stuck inside. Perhaps you have someone you trust that can watch us." My face hardened at the thought of her leaving this house, "I would have to think about that. There are only two people I would even contemplate letting you go with. Plus, after that stunt you pulled, you need to prove that you are trustworthy before I even consider it." Elisabeth plopped her head back down on a pillow. "Fine," she sighed.

I picked up my phone, sending Ryan a message: "I need you to be here by nine tomorrow morning. It's important." I suppose it won't hurt to ask. Maybe he'll come around once he meets her.