*Angelica* Peggy

This chapter may be a tear jerker.

My dearest Angelica,

I didn't want to write this but
Sebastian thought it would be best if I wrote this letter to you. So here it goes, two nights ago around five o'clock in the morning our youngest sister, Margarita died of heart failure. Sebastian, Alexander, Father, and I were by her side when she died. I attached this letter to a brown package raped in brown paper and snow white string with what she left you in her will. I got her last letters to John before he died and her pearl necklace. Alexander got her full book collection and almost done copy of Dreams Awake, her unfinished book she wanted to publish. You know how much those two bonded over reading and writing.  I think Alexander is taking this the hardest, since he lost his two best friends six months apart. I would love it if you could come to New York for the summer. I think both Alexander and I miss you. It will be a good surprise.  Anyways I have got to go teach Phillip piano.

Love,
Eliza Hamilton Schuyler

Angelica fell on the floor and burst out into tears. Her little sister died and she wasn't by her side. How stupid could she be! She grabbed the brown package and pulled the string off.

"I have to do this." She said quietly to herself.  She opened the box to see a stuffed old rabbit with the left ear loosely sown on, a yellow bonnet with fake lilies sown on the side, a unfinished script for a musical called Free Fallen. The last item surprised her the most. She pulled out a folded yellow dress. Angelica slowly unfolded the dress to show Peggy's favourite yellow dress. Of course it wasn't as fancy as hers or Eliza's, but Peggy liked simple and not fancy.

Angelica hugged the dress and cried. "Oh, Peggy! Why was I not there?! I feel so stupid!" Angelica felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see her youngest daughter, Peggy.

"Momma are you ok?" Peggy asked. Being only six she didn't understand the concept of death.  Angelica just nodded to avoid explaining the situation to her daughter.

"Sweetie, I've got a present for you" Angelica told her daughter.  She watched as her daughters face lit up.

"What is it Momma?" Her daughter smiled jumping up and down. Angelica pulled out the bonnet. Peggy gasped "it's beautiful Momma!" Angelica tied the bonnet around her daughters head and smiled at how much her daughter reminded her of Peggy.