Chapter 5

King POV

Damn now Starr mad at me. I can't have my lil shawty mad at me so I ran after her. I saw her walking on the sidewalk.

"Starr!" I called. She just kept walking. I ran up behind her and grabbed her hips.

"Starr slow down. Why you mad?" I asked.

"Mane forget that! I ain't mad!" She snapped. She a damn lie. She was madder than two crackheads running out of crack.

"Mane yes you is." I said pulling her to me.

"You gone let that hoe disrespect me King! Then got the nerves to act like I was on the wrong!" She snapped. I understood where she was coming from.

"I'm sorry." I said doing my sad face. She started to crack a smile. But it suddenly faded away.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You left Jonathan and Brandy at your crib by themselves?!" She panicked. At first I didn't get where she was coming from but it finally hit me.

"Oh shit!" I mumbled. We ran back to my crib like we just robbed a bank. We burst through the front door and found them having a make out session. I felt so bad for Starr because she broke out in tears.

"Mane y'all gone have to get out our crib." I told them.

"King he kissed me." Brandy pleaded.

"Bitch step!" I said brushing her off me. I looked over at Jonathan holding a crying Starr.

"Aye nigga didn't I just say get out? Don't worry about Starr because I treat her like a queen." I snapped at him.

"Nigga this my bitch. Come on Starr." He said pulling her arm leading her to the door. I just know he ain't call her no bitch! I grabbed her other arm and pulled her to me.

"You walking out alone play thug." I laughed. He clinched his teeth together and grabbed Starr by her arms and started shaking her.

"Bitch come on! I ain't gone tell you no more." He said shaking her roughly. She cried even harder. I pushed him off her and punched him dead in his nose. Home boy ain't gone handle my girl like that. Wait did I just say my girl? Mane anyway I ain't gone let this go down.

"Don't hit him!" Brandy yelled.

"Bitch I said get out!" I grouched in her face. She looked frightened and ran out. By time I turned around he hit me in my jaw. I ain't gone lie it hurt like hell. I got myself together and tackled him back on the couch and went to town on his face. Starr pulled me off of him. He ran smooth out the front door. These lil busters gone learn one day. I turned to Starr and her eyes were puffy red and her arms had all kind of bruise marks. I can't believe I even let that nigga in my house. For all I care he can go back to Miami because LA don't want him.

"You okay?" I said softly touching her bruises. She flinched a bit.

"He hurt me." She said softly. I opened my arms so she could fall in them. I lead her upstairs to my room and sat her on my bed.

"I got you baby girl. I won't let nan nigga touch you." I said sitting next to her.

"Why my life got to be so complicated? Your life is damn near perfect." She said leaning her head on my shoulder. Now she know that is far from the truth. My mama and daddy went out for dinner and never came back. I was only 12! I had to raise myself! So the streets was my mama. When I turned 13 I saw on the news where they got killed in a car accident in San Diego. Starr all I got. Shit she all I need.

"That ain't true." I said laying back.

"At least your mom wasn't a crackhead with a pervert boyfriend." She leaned back too.

"I wish I had a mom." I said. She looked over at me.

Starr POV

King is a very interesting person to know. He ain't hard to get along with but you have to understand him. He has a past but he also has a future. Some if you may say that I am crazy for being friend with this drug lord but I see something more in him.

"One day you gone find you a good faithful wife and have a big beautiful family. You could even get out these streets and do something legal." I said holding his hand. We were just laid across his bed staring at the ceiling. We both lived a hard knock life. But through it all we had each other.

"Starr you pretty. Why you ain't got no nigga yet?" He chuckled. See this nigga is trying to be funny.

"The same reason you got a lot of hoes. I like the feeling." I laughed. I began rubbing the bruises Jonathan left on my arm. I am so embarrassed of them. Now I got to wear shit to cover it up. King looked over at me.

"You okay?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"I guess." I mumbled. He sat up and pulled me up to.

"Come on. We can't just stay in the house like some punks." He said.

"Negro I got school tomorrow." I said. He ignored me and pulled me out the house. We hopped in his truck and took off.

"Fuck school. Tell them you out with your real nigga." He said smiling.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"I'm taking you out to show you how much I care about you." He said. He probably just gone take me out to eat or something. I just sat back and enjoyed the ride. It was getting late. We pulled up to the beach.

"The beach?" I said stepping out. He just laughed and lead me towards the beach. We had a perfect view of the sun setting. And right before the water I saw a blanket lied out with a basket of food. This shit was beautiful. It looked like something out of a romance movie.

"Aww I love it." I said hopping into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist and hugged him tightly.

"I really set it up for you and Jonathan but fuck that nigga it's all about my best friend." He said. I ran to the picnic and sat down. The soft blanket sat flatly on the sand. There was a pink light in the sky from the sun going down.

"I love you best friend." I smiled as he sat beside me. He kissed my check a couple of times and worked down to my neck and shoulder. Gosh his touch feels good. I couldn't help but moan softly. He stopped kissing and looked me dead in my eyes.

"I love you too." He said kissing me deeply.

------

COMMENT AND VOTE