Chapter 8

Starr POV

Me and ma been chilling all day. We talked to each other about everything. We visited daddy's grave and all. I stood in front of his head stone. I can't believe they took my daddy out. He was only 30. And yes my parents are young. My mama had me when she was 12. Yelp 12. But my daddy was there for her. We both sat on the couch watching Think Like a man. The sun was going down but I didn't care. I just wanted to be with my mama.

"So you see any boy you like?" She said. I giggled. I know she ain't been right but I still don't feel comfortable talking about my love life with my MOM.

"No not really." I laughed.

"Oh yea you do. You too pretty not to." She laughed.

"I mean boys like me. But I ain't showing them no play." I said.

"That's right. Make them work hard to be with you." My mom said. I looked at my phone and several calls and texts from King. Most of them just asked was I okay. But one text caught my eye. It said Jonathan paid his trap house a visit. Why the fuck he there?! He better not lay a finger on King or I'm gone bust a cap on his weak ass.

"What's wrong?" My mom said looking worried. I looked up from my phone.

"Nothing." I lied. She gave me that I know you lying look.

"Okay. Jonathan was at King trap. I don't know why though." I sighed.

"Let those thugs do them and you stay out of it." My mom said.

"Thugs? First off King is my friend. And this whole situation is because of me." I said getting annoyed.

"Well don't get hurt." She said.

"I'm the queen in these streets ma. I got me." I said. She smiled and hugged me. I stood up and walked towards the door.

"Wait it's dark. I could give you a ride." My mom said. I laughed.

"I'm okay ma." I said walking out.

King POV

I was rolling with my homies Ray Ray, Roland and Rj. The music up loud. The windows down. And my ice shining in the dark. You can't tell me shit.

"Nigga slow this hoe down." Ray Ray said from the passenger side.

"Fuck you nigga. This my ride." I said speeding faster. I saw a figure walking on the sidewalk. Now who the hell walk in the dark?! Then it's a girl! Oh shit it's Starr! I slammed on my breaks.

"Shit nigga kill us." Roland said from the back.

"He see his girlfriend." Rj laughed.

"I see your mama bitch." I said rolling down the window.

"Why you walking nigga?" I asked her. She walked up to the car.

"I'm a big girl." She said sticking her head in the truck trying to see who all rolling with me.

"Sup Ro. Rj. Ray." She said. They all spoke.

"Hop in the truck shorty." I said. She hopped in the back making Roland sit in the middle. I pulled off into the dark.

"How shit go with Janay?" I asked.

"She really changed King. She even got a job. It don't pay much but at least she back out on it." She said. Starr sounded so so proud about her mom. I just hope this ain't another one of her tricks. I pulled up to Ray house and they all got out. Starr hopped in the front. We pulled off.

"All them live here?" She asked.

"Naw. They just close." I said. She stared at me.

"What?" I said.

"Why Jonathan dropping on your set?" She said. Shit that was a good ass question.

"Ion know but homebody gone get blowed if he touch you again." I said.

Starr POV

Jonathan looking for trouble now. I guarantee this ain't the last time we gone hear from him. But about that kiss last night though. I really have mixed emotions about King. One minute he my best friend the next he my baby. Lord help me. I slowly reached over and held his empty hand. I saw him look at me in the corner of my eyes. He stroked the back of my hand and looked back at the road. We soon pulled up to the house and went in. It wasn't home but it would do.

"Go cook." He said plopping down on the couch and kicking his feet up.

"Do I look like Martha Stewart?!" I snapped.

"Nope you look like Starr Monroe." He smirked.

"I don't know how to cook." I mumbled quickly.

"What?" He said. I took a deep breath.

"I said I can't cook." I said louder. He burst out laughing.

"That's why you don't eat that much." He laughed.

"Eat this!" I said grabbing my crotch and flipping him the bird with the other hand. He laughed even harder. He stood up and hugged me.

"I'm sorry best friend." He said pulling me to the couch. We sat down and watched Martin.

"Aye I got a question." He said.

"Sup." I said kicking my legs up in his lap.

"Remember them girls that was watching you in the mall?" He asked.

"Yea what about them bitches?" I asked. He laughed a little.

"Who that girl was with the short hair cut?" He asked referring to Rhonda.

"Rhonda." I said blankly.

"Hook me up with her. She fine as a bitch." He said.

"It must be her ass cause it aint her face." I said. He laughed. I don't know what he laughing for because I'm dead serious.

"I'm serious King. She don't even like me for some apparent reason. Then the last time I went to school she said I was rolling with her nigga. She was referring to you." I said.

"Her nigga? Tell shorty don't try to get crunk with you." He said.

"Fuck her." I said coldly. I leaned my head on his shoulder and began to doze off. The only thing I remember is his hands running through my hair.

-------

COMMENT AND VOTE FOR THE NEXT UPDATE