Chapter 7

A/N: Sorry for late update :(  Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter

Evan tossed and turned all night. He just couldn't sleep. He had known Ella for about a month and he couldn't get her off his mind. Why did he even care? She was just a girl he met on the internet, wasn't she? Of course they were friends but that's all they were, right?

"The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited or erased. It can only be accepted, Evan. Don't let your dark past ruin your bright future."

He recalled the words that she had said to him before. She was right. He couldn't run from his past or change it in any way. This is why he liked Ella, because she knew exactly what to say. She was sensitive, caring, affectionate, and funny; everything Lucy was not.

It had nearly been 4 months since their breakup and Evan had been doing a pretty good job of not thinking about her and he didn't want to ruin it.

~

"Are we supposed to mix this?" she asked him slightly backing away from their concoction. "Uh, I guess." He said eyeing the beaker in front of him.

"How much?"

"I guess the entire vile?"

"Okay, here goes." She said nervously as she poured a green liquid into the beaker. They could hear a fizzing sound coming slowly from the beaker and suddenly, *splash*

The beaker cracked (just cracked, luckily) and there was green stuff all over their table. The entire class went quiet and all eyes were on them. They slowly looked at each other and burst out laughing. Mr. George was not at all pleased.

They got detention that day but only for an hour. During detention they both talked and laughed their asses off. Then Evan realized that he started liking Lucy, not realizing she had something else in mind.

Lucy also had a rough past. She normally dated seniors and was dumped or cheated on.

Evan didn't really like Chemistry but he was beginning to look forward to it. He began hanging out with Lucy more often. You could say that they had a lot of chemistry ;)

After spending more time with each other Evan decided to ask Lucy out.

Lucy was taking out her books from the locker when Evan approached her.

"Hey."

"Huh?! Oh, hey Evan."

"Did I startle you?" he chuckled awkwardly.

"No, it's just- never mind..."

"Are you okay?" Evan asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied unconvincingly.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." She forced a smile. "So, what's new?"

"Not much. Listen, I want to tell you something."

Then the bell rang.

"Sorry, I gotta go. I have calculus. Mr. Cunningham will kill me if I'm late... again." She said while turning to leave. "Talk later?"

"Sure." He said and watched her leave in a hurry.

He headed to class too.

He couldn't concentrate on anything the whole day. He was thinking about Lucy and how he would confess to her.