Chapter 10

Although Ella helped Evan from depression Evan was still sad. She couldn't be there for Evan every second.

But he couldn't just stop everything so even if he didn't want to go to school, Evan dragged himself out of the bed and got ready. He couldn't just drop out and Caitlyn must have been worried about him.

School was the same and Caitlyn was more than happy to see him. It turned out that she and Zach broke up. She was sad but happy for him and Ella.

A few days had gone by since he came back to school. He had to do a ton of work but Caitlyn helped a lot. Shay still didn't respond and it disturbed Evan a lot. The only time he didn't feel hopeless was when he chatted with Ella or hung out with Cait.

"I hate mathematics." she threw shut her book. "Yeah, thank god we're finally done. Thank you for helping me out Cait." Evan stretched. Caitlyn had come over to Evan to help him with his school work.

"No problem." She smiled.

"Hey Evan.... I need to tell you something." She looked nervous like she didn't know how to say it.

"What?" he asked her.

"I like you."

"What?" Evan choked. He did not expect that.

"Relax, I was just kidding." She laughed nervously. "I was just trying lighten the mood so that it'll be better when I tell you the news."

"Oh okay, wait what news?" he asked.

"I uh... I'm leaving for Europe a week from now." She said quickly. "Wait what do you mean leaving? How long? When will you be back?" Evan asked he was panicking, he lost too many people already, and he couldn't lose Caitlyn.

"That's the thing Evan, I might not ever come back." She said sadly. "My dad just got a huge promotion and we got transferred there."

"Oh." That was Evan could say. "But don't worry, we'll keep in touch and skype."

Shay said that and it's been forever since they last spoke.

"Yeah, totally." He said trying to be happy for Cait. She always did say she wanted to go to Europe, he couldn't be selfish.

"I'll miss you." she said and hugged him. "Me too." He whispered and hugged her back.

A week went by and Cait left, things seemed to go from bad to worse. Evan was completely lonely at school, Shay never replied and Ella's grandma had passed away so she couldn't be online.

He didn't know what to do. He couldn't sleep at night and he had lost all of his appetite and he stopped going to school again. He spent most of his time in bed.

It was worse when it was night time because it was then that all his thoughts began and he over thought everything and felt worse.

One particular night was worse. He was in his bed and as usual he just couldn't fall asleep. The voices in his head started overpowering him and had a panic attack.
He got out of his bed and pulled up his mattress and took out his hidden razors. He went to the bathroom and stared at his arms and the razor.

It had been a long while since he cut and he didn't want to start again, he didn't want to relapse. But the voices in his head were telling him how much he screwed everything up and everyone always ended up leaving him.

He took the razor to his skin and cut. Fresh blood flowed out and he felt slightly better. This was an addiction he couldn't stop. He cut until there was no more space left for him to cut.