Nightmare (BoyxBoy)

Nightmare

The hunger burned through me as though I had swallowed a mouthful of fire into my lungs, it clawed at my throat, begging and pleading for me to satisfy it.

Deep in the woods, a thunderous heartbeat rose in my ears.

Ba-boom...Ba-boom...Ba-boom

It called to me like a siren’s song, I tried to resist but the need was rushing faster through my veins than the tiny voice that was my humanity.

What was left of it at least...

I flexed my muscles, testing the strength in them; my fangs were elongated to their fullest piercing the tops of my bottom lip, so that a drop of blood leaked down my chin and spattered the cracked earth beneath.

A growl ripped itself from me, as the heartbeat grew louder and louder until it was all that I heard.

I was so hungry...

Soon I was rushing through the woods, branches whipping at my exposed flesh leaving their outraged protests in my skin.

Ba-boom...Ba-boom...Ba-boom...

The sound was even louder now; I could feel my remaining control slipping from my grasps noting dimly how it was too late...there would no going back.

I could see the girl as I burst from the forest just walking down the street clad in a sundress probably on her way to visit her boyfriend. She looked happy...and alive; the sunshine could be smelt on her warm flesh, and the breath she drew in was necessary, not just a mere disguise.

I approached her, not bothering to keep silent...the hunger demanded satisfaction, and I was in no mood to wait.

I gripped her shoulders and spun her towards me, she screamed, the sound a high piercing wail, as I sunk my fangs into the vein that ran along her neck.

The warm blood flooded my mouth; I moaned at the taste, God, what was I thinking resisting this? This was liquid ecstasy....

The girl grew limp in my arms, and while her heartbeat slowed I continued to feed unable to stop. The blood coated my mouth like a dangerous drug, and brought out the true monster in me...I was no human, and was a fool to try to cling to that life.

This was who I was now.

The girl’s skin that had once felt so warm grew cold, and the heartbeat that had pounded in my ears faded to a dull whisper, I dropped her to the ground.

Lifeless.

Filled, I turned, wiping the blood from around my lips, while my eyes landed on a figure standing in the distance a smirk playing on his gorgeous face.

“How does it feel Skylar? Did you like the way her life flowed into you?” he questioned.

“Yes” I replied, the moon reflecting off of my electric blue eyes, the pupil slanted like a cats.

He laughed the sound as evil as his intentions

“I will make a vampire of you yet” he stated, before vanishing into the darkness.

I looked down at the girl; lying at my feet...she was pretty and now she was dead, the blood that had once ran through her veins fuelling the heart that refused to beat in my chest.

Oh, the monster I had become.

I woke up panicked; my hand gripped my heart where it pounded against my rib cage threatening to jump onto the sheets that were tangled around me. Sweat caked my skin, and my pyjamas were no longer in place having been turned this way and that from my thrashing around in the middle of the night.

“Welcome to my nightmare” I whispered.

A/N This is a Vampire story, but be warned, this is not your typical story, so if you are one of those people that refuse to read vampire books all because of Twlight and the clichés associated with the genre, you will be happily surprised. This is only the prologue btw xD So let me know what you think?