Chapter five

So…here’s the fifth chapter, sorry I didn’t upload over the weekend it was a bit of a messy one, I wasn’t really in any fit state to write a chapter LOL!

I’ve been considering doing a chapter in Mr. Hendry POV but tbh I might wait till I’m asked as I wasn’t planning on doing it when I started so yeah…we’ll see!

Chapter Five

“come on Kells I won’t tell anyone I just want to know so bad!”

“For the last time becks there’s nothing to tell!  Mr. Hendry has made it quite clear that he doesn’t want me I any way, I’m just another student to him” Feeling suddenly glum as the truth of my words hit home.

“Are you MAD??” she screeched sounding slightly hysterical, “If you were just another student to him he wouldn’t have kissed you, let alone tried his luck again today”

“Yeah but I was trying my hardest to provoke him into it today, and your forgetting that he told me I should forget about the kiss”  For the first time since I’d met Mr. Hardy I was being honest with myself, I was just a school kid why on earth would he want me?  I’d been fooling myself that there was a spark of interest there because of the kiss, however forbidden it might be.  But in reality he was only responding to me offering myself on a plate, like any man would.

“Hello, earth to Kelly?” snapping myself out of my deep thought I looked at my best friend, my stomach suddenly heavy with disappointment.

“sorry, zoned out slightly there babe, it’s just a school girl crush I’ll get over it”  Not quite believing my own words I shrugged off the uneasy feeling that washed over me feeling suspiciously like guilt, was it because I wasn’t being honest with Becks? Was I lying? I really don’t know.

Flopping back onto becky’s sofa I let out a long sigh.

“Okay, this must be serious, your never bummed out” Becks stated looking slightly worried. “you know what this calls for” she added gleefully running out of the room, returning with something hidden behind her body.

“TWI-FEST” she exclaimed whipping her arm out from behind her back to reveal a twilight box set.

“Please, no” I groaned pressing a cushion over my face trying to decide if I should just suffocate myself with it to save me from suffering through god knows how many hours of gooey vampire romance.

***

Several hours later I returned home, bleary eyed from watching too much telly.  Yawning loudly I fumbled with the keys trying to get my front door unlocked; finally succeeding I stumbled inside shutting the door behind me and chucking my keys on the side.

Too tired to consider doing anything else I trudged up the stairs, shedding my clothing as I went.  I ripped back the covers of my bed and gleefully slid between the cool sheets, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.