Chapter Twenty-Seven: Art Of The Heart

I would’ve killed Peyton if I hadn’t heard her next words.

  She wrapped her arms around Drew’s and laid her head down on his shoulder. “Do you really love me that much?”

  He gulped slightly, making his Adam’s apple bob up and down. “Yeah,” He replied steadily.

  “Then I want to be with you. Forever,” She told him. She kissed his cheek lightly. “How does that sound?”

  Drew’s eyes were wide with excitement, his cheeks were bright red and the smile on his face lit up the whole room. He grabbed her and actually lifted her off the ground as he spun her around once. “That sounds perfect!”

  “And there’s going to be no Zack that time, he’s out of the picture completely,” Peyton announced once he put her down.

  Even though things weren’t normal like I wanted… that weight did lift off my shoulders. This was meant to happen. Peyton Roman-Wolfe and Drew Graham were definitely meant to be.

  “I’ll let you two have some privacy,” I said as I backed out of their room, a smile on my face. I shut their door and as I turned around, I banged into someone.

  It was Mason. I took a deep breath as I saw him. Truth be told, I had been avoiding him ever since that night where we danced. I didn’t know what to say… or even what to do, because all I knew was that I could feel the definite chemistry between us.

  I couldn’t keep myself from looking at his face though. Today it didn’t have that glow that it always had and his blue eyes weren’t sparkling… he looked quite angry.

  “What’s wrong M&M?” I asked him.

  He crossed his arms and looked at the ground. “Jessie just broke up with me...”

  I gasped. “Why?!”

  He sighed and his eyes met mine once more. “Well, she met this dude on the beach and she told me that they just ‘clicked’. His name is Tristan Joannie… that sounds like such a wimpy name.”

  I gave him a little pat on the shoulder. “It’s alright Mason, you’ll find the girl that’s meant for you one day.”

  I then went to go walk back to my room, when he called out, “But what if I already found her?” I turned around and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “What if she’s just standing right in front of me?”

  I gulped, knowing what was happening.

  He ruffled his blond hair and began walking towards me. “Ever since that night at that Blueday concert Lucy… I’ve been thinking about you… well differently.” He took one of my hands and held it in his. “I think you may be ‘her’.”

  I couldn’t lie to him, so I cleared my throat and told him the truth. “Same here."

  “So, does that mean you’re giving me a chance?” He wondered, playing with his hair a little bit more.

I yanked my hand out of his grasp and  I crossed my arms over my chest. “Mason, you know that I’m with Jonah. We love each other.”

  “Are you sure?” He asked me.

  I took a step away from him. “What do you mean am I sure?! Of course I am! I’m not an idiot Mason!”

  He leaned against the wall. “Well, I thought that I loved Jessie that whole time that we were together… but things can change and people can be wrong.”

  Before I knew it, Mason wrapped his arms around my waist and looked into my eyes. For some reason I didn’t budge.

 “Say when if you want me to stop.”