Part 7

The days following the disastrous date spent mostly in her room trying to think of what she could have possibly been thinking and who Vince could be working for. She was distraught with the thought that someone would want to steal her technology. She knew that there were horrible people in the world but she never thought that someone she was once so close with would turn on her in such a way. She kept trying to distract herself from the horrible racing thoughts. So here she sat at her piano and began to play. A few songs later she began to feel her mind calm when someone knocked on her door.

"Come in!"

"Hello ."

"Oh hey Pietro. What's up"

"Nothing I just heard the music and wanted to see what you were playing." Pietro sat next to on the bench.

"Oh, right now I'm just brushing up on some Christmas music to play at the Christmas party but before I was brushing up on a song to play at Dad and Pepper's wedding."

"That is not for months though."

"I know I just want to make sure it's perfect when the time comes."

"What song is it?"

"For Christmas or the wedding?"

"The wedding."

"A song called 'So Close' it's the song I played for them on their first anniversary."

"Could I hear it?"

"Um..It has lyrics that go with it. I'm not sure you want to hear me sing. It's been awhile since I've had a voice lesson."

"I would still like to hear it if you will let me." The two looked at each other for a long moment before she finally answered.

"Of course let me just get the music out."

rustled through the music books and loose papers that sat on the top of her piano; pulling out a few sheets that were clipped together, then began arranging them out in front of her. When she began to play, Pietro watched as her fingers danced across the keys creating wonderful music then the most beautiful sound fell from her lips as she began to sing.

"You're in my arms, and all the world is calm

The music playing on for only two

So close together,and when I'm with you

So close to feeling alive

A life goes by, romantic dreams must die

So I bid mine goodbye and never knew

So close to waiting, waiting here was you

And now forever I know...

All that I want is to hold you so close

So close to reaching that famous happy end

Almost believing this one's not pretend

Now you're beside me, and look how far we've come

So far we are so close"

As her voice paused she continued to play the interlude with her eyes closed. She had played it a million times before, her fingers knew exactly which keys to hit and she lost herself in the music. Pietro watched her, she looked so at peace when she played, the music became an extension of her soul, a piece she could openly share with the world. With him. As quickly as her eyes had closed they opened again as Pietro turned away, embarrassed at the proposition of being caught watching her, Y/N's voice rang out again.

"Oh how could I face the faceless days

If I should lose you now

We're so close to reaching that famous happy end

Almost believing this one's not pretend

Let's go on dreaming though we know we are

So close, so close,and still so far"

She hit the last note and raised her hands from the ivory keys; turning to face Pietro. He  was staring at her and she became very aware of what little space there was between them. This is the closest they have been since the night they kissed and Gods, did she want to kiss him again...

"There's meant to be other instruments as accompaniment to the piece so it probably didn't sound right but-" She was interrupted by the lips of the speedster but as quickly as they were there they were gone.

"It was beautiful. The most beautiful thing I ever heard."

"Does you kissing me mean you have finally come to terms with how you feel?"

"No. I still do not know how I feel but I know that I enjoy kissing you." Pietro leaned in for another kiss but stood from the bench and walked across the room.

"Well then you need to leave Pietro, because I know how I feel. I don't need to figure things out or come to terms with it. I am falling in love with you.But I am not going to keep going on like this. You need to figure yourself out and so do I, I still want to talk and be friends. I don't want to cut you out of my life and I don't want to be cut out of yours but no more kissing. Not until you make up your mind about whatever it is you want out of our relationship, whatever it may turn out to be."

Pietro nodded and stood from the bench, making his way slowly to the door. Once the door was shut behind him, he ran. He didn't know where he was running to, he just needed to run. In his mind he had ruined everything with this amazing women that he could be in love with and that tore him apart. Back in her bedroom was curled up in a ball on the middle of her bed, thinking that she had just ruined everything. Both of them oblivious to the guilt of the other.

***

I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry it took so long but here it is. More to come soon, some shopping adventures, more Wanda X Reader bonding, some holidays, and a wedding!! So stick around because the best is yet to come! *Let me know what you think. I love feedback!*