Epilogue

Two years. For the first time in two years Y/N woke up alone. No one beside her. No one keeping the bed warm. It sent a slight chill into her bones. Missions had been scarce the last few years and even when he did have them, Pietro always made his way home before Y/N woke up the next morning. But no last night. Last night they slept in separate beds for the first time in two years and even though he tosses and turns and constantly wakes her up, this was the most sleepless night Y/N had experienced in the last two years.

She was drowning in the thoughts of waking up alone when there was a knock on the door. Before she could even answer Wanda barged in, arms full with dress bags and shoe boxes.

"Oh by all means, come in." Wanda closed the door behind her and began bustling around the room laying things out.

"Listen here little Miss Stark, it is your wedding day you can not sleep the day away." Wanda hung the dress bags on the back of the door as Y/N pulled the covers back and got out of bed.

"I wasn't sleeping. I haven't been asleep for hours." Wanda stopped what she was doing and turned to look to her friend.

"You are not having second thoughts are you? Because honestly I love you and all but if you leave my brother at the altar I might kill you."

"No, no second thoughts. I just have a hard time sleeping in the bed without him I guess."

"Oh well if that is all. You never have to worry about that again because after today, you're going to sleep next to him every night for the rest of your lives, more or less."

"Thanks Wanda. Alright I am going to shower, I won't be long. Calm down, you seem more excited than I am."

"I can not help it, my best friend is getting married today, to my brother. We are going to be sisters and I am just so excited I can hardly control myself." The two women laughed and Y/N headed into the bathroom to shower. When she got out she could hear music blaring in her room and when she walked in she saw Wanda setting breakfast on the coffee table for the two of them. They sat silently and ate, both in deep thought about the day.

"What if he leaves me at the alter?"

"He would never but if he does he is the world's biggest idiot."

"I'm just worried that he will back out like he did before."

"He was stupid before. He realized his mistake and fixed it. He will not make the same mistake twice."

"I hope you're right. Okay let's get ready before they start without us."

The two women took their time getting ready, doing their hair, makeup, getting dressed, and before they knew it, it was time for the show to begin. There was a light knock at the door just as Y/N was clasping her mother's necklace around her neck. Wanda walked over to open the door and in walked Tony, eyes red and tear stains on his cheeks. Wanda ushered him in and when he looked at his daughter a new wave of tears ran down his face.

"I am going to go check on my brother, make sure his feet are nice and toasty." With that Wanda left the room, leaving behind the two Starks.

"Oh my little Light. You aren't so little anymore are you?"

"I guess not. This is getting so real." Y/N sat on the couch and Tony followed suit.

"It is real. You look beautiful and you are about to marry the man you love. Oh god, it's all happening so fast. I remember your first day of preschool."

"You mean my last day of preschool."

"You know as well as I do that they were the same day."

"Would thing have been different if I went to school?"