Chapter One

AUTHOR'S NOTE: this rad idea was co-written in an rp with my friend on Instagram, so the following story is only half mine. (I added only slight tweaks.) Thanks!

Robin stared blankly as a grim coffin, dusted with raindrops that only continued to fall, was lowered into a shallow hole in the moistened dirt. A graveー her grave.
There with only their umbrellas to stand against the rain over their heads, her family, looking down solemnly, tears and rainwater dampening their cheeks. Robin's colorless gaze rose to eye her gravestone.
Robin Cherrywood.
1998-2016.
Soon enough, only Robin remained at her grave. She stood, her gaze unmoving from the engraved stone, unable to feel the rain that continued to shower over her grave. Her mind was as pale blank as her face. Her once clear hazel gaze was dull; paint without color.
She had died...
18 years old...
So young.
Why did this have to happen...?
Drowning out what little thoughts she'd harbored, a bright white light filled her vision, engulfing her. A light...
What was this...?
When her vision had regained focus, she found herself surrounded by white fluffy clouds. Before her, an enormous, golden gate, intricately decorating the clouded space.
Heaven...
Yes, that must be where she was...
As her eyes wondered, they fell upon a man shrouded in white, his head hooded. Aside from the white, he had no other distinguishable featuresー she could see none of him but for his fingertips, which were barely visible at the ends of his long sleeves.
He stood just before the gate, and turned to look at her, though she couldn't see his eyes.
"... Robin Cherrywood?"
Unsure of how to respond, she only nodded.
At her clarification, the large gates slowly opened up in front of her, and she couldn't help but look up in awe.
The man raised an arm to motion out through the gate. "Please follow me. There is something to be done here."
Something to be done...? Though she was unsure of what he meant, Robin wearily followed behind him, quietly stepping across the cloud through the gate, the doors making a chime-like clash as they closed behind them. She glanced back at them before looking back ahead, following the strange hooded man. As she looked to him, she recognized a strange golden emblem sewn onto his hood just above his heart. What a strange little symbol...
Staying silent, she returned her gaze forward.
She made a slight face as she followed him across the clouds. Everywhere she looked, she didn't see anyone... Was this really heaven?
Before she could question it, the person brought her to a stop as four beautiful women; each of them also wrapped in white clothing, but rather than hide their features, they were highlighted; greeted them.
These women must've been Angels... They didn't seem to have a single flaw, like they were carved by gods, and their golden hair which flower down to either frame their face or cascade down their backs looked softer than silk. Above their heads floated a glimmering ring of lightー a halo, and from their backs grew large, though folded, pure white wings.
Angels...
Indeed, they were strikingly beautiful...
They smiled at Robin warmly and one chimed in a velvety voice. "Robin? I know that you must have a thousand questions..." The angel reached out to take her hands. "But there is somewhere we must take you. Alright?"
Once again, Robin could only nod, stunned into silence.
The woman giggled musically and pulled Robin towards them gently from behind the hooded man. "We'll take her from here," the woman told him, and the man only nodded before turning away.
Robin watched him go in silence for only a moment before she was gingerly urged to move on by the four beaming Angels.