Chapt. 2

Aspen tilted her head back and laughed harder, "wow, your mom is a piece of shit!" Her cackle of a laugh filled the whole classroom, Carson and Alicia giggled along. He sat in his chair, his arms wrapped tightly around his arms with his typical gaze at the ground, He didn't dare respond.

"Shes a practically a murderer" Alicia snarled.

"Your mom is a murderer!" Aspen said with a smile.

She suddenly slapped her hand on the desk like she had the best idea ever, she leaned in real close and He brought my eyes to her chin, she whispered real low and mean, " Your white trash, Louis." And with that she sat back down, satisfied.

Everyone got real quiet after her words, waiting to see what he would do. But as always he sat there quiet not sticking up for himself. But, not because he couldn't, because he didn't need to. There's no point in explaining the actual story of what happened to his baby sister to somebody who still counts with her fingers for her multiples of 5. But even so, tears still threatened to spill.

Girls Like Aspen, Alicia and Carson are the kind who couldn't use a conscience even if their Sephora makeup was on the line. The three picked on anyone, the only ones who were safe from them were themselves, and sometimes not even then.They were plain looking but acted like Anne Hathoways. It was quite funny to see them strut and flip their hair.

The bell rang and the girls straightened up when Mr. Ide came in. It was horrible how oblivious the teachers were towards bullying, instead of asking why he was on the verge of tears he instructed Louis to get out his notes. He pulled out a green composition book for math, though math is a redish subject, green was his favorite color.

Mr. Ide's monotones voice droned on and on and on......... In all the boredom he found myself thinking back to Harry.

It was all so mysterious, who was he to Gemma? A friend she fought with? Or an ex wanting to get back together? For some reason the latter caused a pang in his chest.

He was broken from his thoughts by the ring for next period.

---------------------

He sighed as he got off the bus seeing his moms Hunda not parked in the driveway. Lord only knows what shes doing. Probably at the bar. His mothers addiction had gotten worse. Some of his worse memories was opening the door to a grown man dropping his piss drunk mother off, her clothes ripped obviously showing what had happened right before she came home.

Louis unlocked the door and walked in setting his bag down on the old kitchen table, ready to pour out all his homework; when he heard mumbles from the living room.

He froze, "Mom?"

No one should be home.

Silence.

Fear bubbled inside him, he searched around quickly finding anything to defend himself, he grabbed a dough roller off the shelf of his pantry and tiptoed towards the living room. His heart sprinted in his chest and his hands began to sweat loosening the grip of the roller. He stopped before he rounded the corner hearing footsteps walking in his direction. Louis positioned himself holding the roller like a baseball bat ready to hit whoever was coming. He closed his eyes tight, flinching when he stepped out and swung it made contact with something. A loud thump filled the small room followed by a squeal.

A very familiar squeal.

He dropped the roller immediately and opened his eyes, "Mrs. Styles?"

Gemma sat on the floor of his living room with a bloody nose. Louis felt extremely bad and tried to help her up,"Are you okay? Why are you in my house!?"

Gemma ignored his questions and stood up and pulled him close to her till they were the same height. Louis eye stayed trained on her leaking nose trickling a steady stream. "Louis look at me in the eyes."

"Why?"

"So you'll get this message clearly."

Louis couldn't, so he settled for the bags right under her eyes, which now that he could see up close looked really unhealthy. She was trembling and looked scared for her life but at the same time had a look of defiance, almost.... brave? Does that make sense?

Her hair was greasy and tangled and her clothes were dirty like she hadn't changed in a while. It was a weird picture seeing her like this in his living room. Which reminded him, she skipped that question completely.

Her voice broke at she spoke, "Louis stay away from Harry, ok? Listen to me, he will hurt you. Hes a psychopath. Hes a monster."

"B-ut I don't even know him?" He choked at the sudden turn in the conversation.

"He knows about you Louis."

Her hand gripped his shirt holding him almost awkwardly close, a silence filled the room as Louis stood there too confused to say anything else.

After a long minute she let go, wide eyed and shaking stumbled to the washing room where the back door is.

Louis stood dumbfounded, he was completely sure what just happened was illegal. Should he call the police?

No, you idiot. She was warning you.

From Harry?  

Apparently.