Chapt. 4

Louis' mother came home later that night, to buzzed to ask why there was blood all over her living room floor a dough roller. Which Louis was extremely grateful for because he had no idea how to explain the whole situation to her. 

Her brown hair was tangled into her usual bun and her makeup smeared making her look trashy. It upset him knowing what his mother used to be and what she is now. But, death of a child can do that. 

She stumbled her way to the pantry opening and finding it bare, "Go to the store tomorrow, grocery money is in the can on top of the fridge. Oh, and I want donuts before I wake up please." She turned around and gave him a sad, small smile.

And here he was a Q-mart looking for the retched donuts at six in the morning.

The grocery can filled with money was emptying slowly but surely and soon there wouldn't be anything left to buy food with,but Louis pretended that everything was normal and okay. Lies seemed better than reality.

Louis really did love his mother, but they weren't close. She wouldn't speak a word to him unless she wanted something. It could be months without a conversation and at first it really hurt, but overtime he became numb to it and just gave up on restoring their relationship. Nonetheless he still felt a flash of jealousy when he saw other kids with their moms, at soccer games, PTA meetings...

Louis shook his head to clear his mind before he started crying in the middle of the grocery store like an idiot. He found the pasta noodles in aisle nine and grabbed them  before swiftly walking to the next aisle, "white rice, white rice..." he mumbled under his breath searching and reading his list of things to get.

He was so caught up in his reading he hardly noticed he was about to walk into someone head first.

"Ahhhh" Louis screeched as his body collided with the strangers sending him backwards and hitting the ground hard on his bum making him wince. 

"I am so so sorry sir, that was completely my fault" He anxiously apologized while frantically searching for his list and items on the dirty floor.

"Its okay lad, I didn't mind at all." A deep chuckle followed.

Louis froze, that voice. His stomach twisted painfully in his abdomen because that sweet voice was the one in his mind for days. It was so beautiful, but something was off.

That chuckle was not a sweet one, it was dark and malicious.

Then fear set in, this was the man Gemma broke into his house to warn him about. She was risking him calling the cops and being taken to jail just so he would know to stay away. But here he was right front of the young boy. Louis didn't know weather to listen to Gemma and run away, or stay. He normally listened to what people said and took orders well, but he was curious about Harry. Was he really that dangerous?

So Lou swallowed the lump in his throat and brought his face up to look and the man. The same long legs in tight jeans, except this time he had holes in the knees exposing pale skin. Louis kept going to see a plain white shirt tight against his chest with multiple tattoos visible through the fabric. All along Harry's long muscular arms more tattoos were littered. Louis wanted nothing more than to trace his fingers along the black outlines and know the story behind every single one. He finally reached his face for the first time, long slightly curly chocolate locks of hair neared the older man's shoulders, framing his strong jaw line perfectly. His face held a dirty smirk, he knew Louis was checking him out.

Despite Louis being caught and the feeling of embarrassment starting to bubble in his chest he let his eyes connect with Harry's. A brilliant rich green that held something Louis couldn't quite put his finger on. But, just as quickly as he met them he looked away.

Harry cleared his throat causing the younger the snap back into the situation he was in now. Louis blushed like a mad man and grabbed his things and stood up taking in the massive height difference between the two. It was silent moment with Harry staring him down and Louis pretending his list was very interesting.

Suddenly he had to break the ice and without thinking it through he squeaked, "S-so, uh, how tall are you?"

Harry's lips curved into a slight confident smile, "6'1"

"I'm 4'11" Louis answered quietly looking down at his shoes hiding his blush.

"I know"

Startled by his reply Lou looked up at the older man through his eyelashes shyly.

This seemed to cause a reaction from Harry because his eyebrows smashed together in discomfort, "stop that, if were going to have a conversation look me in the eyes."

Louis stood shocked at the firmness in his voice, "b-but I don't really like-" 

"It doesn't matter anymore, with me you have to, do you understand?" 

Harry towered over him leaving the small boy defenseless and slightly scared. This man was a stranger who suddenly tells him what he could and couldn't do? But Louis was never one to argue and went along with it.

"Ok" He whispered turning his eyes to meet the green ones again.

Harry's composure relaxed a bit knowing that the boy would listen to him.

"Hows Gemma?" Lou asked a little boldly remembering how he busted her nose the other night.

Harry's smirk turned malicious,"oh, shes really great. Took some vacation time and said I could stay at her place."

"Oh"

"She actually has something for you at her place right now. It's really important I think you should come with me to get it." His tone wasn't asking.

"What is it?"

"It's in an envelope I don't know." He stepped closer and Louis could smell his cologne.

The younger sighed internally, his prescriptions. He had to get it if he wanted to keep taking his medication.

And that's how Lou found himself alone with Harry.

.