Chapt. 5

He closed the door on Gemmas Prius softly after climbing out, his feet hit the gravel drive way with a crunch under his converse. His stomach sat on edge, doubts filled his head.

After he payed for the little groceries he could get, he followed Harry out to the car and got in. The whole ride they sat in silence. Only leaving more room for Louis' imagination to run wild.

"Come on"

Louis' feet snapped into action and he quickly went after Harry into the apartment complex.

He'd never been to Gemmas house before, he was curious.

The stairs going to the upper part to the building were rusted and creeked unsteadily with each step.

Harry was a few stairs ahead of him, making the way. From this angle he couldly clearly see Harrys bottom and the way his back mucles flexed with each movemt under his shirt.

Harry pulled some keys out and began to open a door labeled 118. Harry turned back to make sure his little companion was close behind, then realizing that yes, he was, he ushered him inside.

Louis stood in the middle of Gemmas living room. It was so obviously hers with her flower vases and knitted blankets everywhere. He smiled at the familarness of everything.

"So, Louis. What grade are you in?" Harry asked while taking his boots off and laying the keys on the coffee table.

"Uhm, im a freshman." He awkwardly spoke leaving him feeling flustered with himself. He cant even speak without being weird.

Harry sat down on the couch facing Louis, "Hmm, is it fun?"

"No, but you know how it is" He shuffled his feet.

Harrys eyebrows suddenly furrowed "I dont know"

Silence followed as Louis was unsure what to say next. Hell, he was unsure of why he was here.

After a bit of silence Harry suddenly jumped off the couch, "How about some tea while I find the envelope?"

He didnt wait for Louis to respond instead he continued into the kitchen.

Louis stood in the same spot. He hadn't moved a inch since entering. The atmosphere was just so uncomfortable he couldnt relax. A constant anxiety filled him and he couldnt control it.

Harry had been gone for quite some time when he was drawn to the door off to the left with the big yellow cartoon smiley faces on it. Their smiles were streched out accross their face in a almost mutilated way. This must have been Gemmas room. His hand grasped the handle, and pushed.

The next few moments changed his life for good.

Blood was caked onto every piece of furniture, it flowed in small streams into a small built in drain in the middle of the room. It dripped down the walls steadily in thick drops.

Yes, the blood was messy, but the body was the worst.

It hung upside down from the ceiling by its feet, its skin was chopped off in places and hanging in chunks in others. Its face had been carved into with stars and diamonds across the forehead and cheeks. Like they were drawings on a piece of paper. The fleshed oozed with maggots all over. Ripping through mucle and wiggling around.

But lastly, a daisy sat behind its ear.

Her ear.

Gemma.