27

GOAL
40 votes
20 comments

I had been hiding in my dorm room until classes started. Natalie wanted me to go out with her to all the back to school parties, but I knew I would see someone that would look at me pitifully. I had found out that Kingston did know Harry was engaged but didn't seem to care or correct his behavior around other girls he would flirt with that were clearly not his fiancé.

The shock of seeing Harry the first day back hit me straight in my gut and I slouched down in my chair as he walked up the stairs to sit down close enough to me to make me jittery.

Penelope came in then and saw Apollo before she saw me. Her slim fingers twinkled as she waved to him and he gave her a charming smile back. I wanted to throw up.

Then, Kenny came in.

He nodded his head up at Apollo, then locked eyes with me a few rows down from him.

"Can I sit with you?" He asked kindly as he walked up to my row. I nodded my head and sat straighter in my seat.

"Looks like a big class," Kenny tried to start conversation but I was afraid that if I spoke back it would sound like a squeak. I was trying to hold back my screams and I could feel my whole face turning red.

Kenny must have been tuned into my awkwardness because he stayed quiet until the class started to fill up. I looked down at my phone and hoped class would start soon. There were only a couple more minutes left when the professor walked in.

"I heard about what happened when Apollo visited you and Kingston over break," he sighed as he took a pen out of the front pocket of his book bag.

My head turned to my left to see Kenny. Shock wasn't even a feeling, I was confused. Who would have told Kenny that I was driving the car?

"I didn't ask him to lie, Kenny," I whispered to him harshly. "Before I could even say anything, he told the cops he was driving."

"Wha-?"

"Who told you? Did he tell you?" I looked up towards Apollo chatting with Penelope.

"No?" He looked down at me confused about whatever I was saying.

Oh shit. He didn't know.

"I thought it was about Apollo's fiancé?" Kenny smirked at me and my face went bright red.

"Oh," I swallowed, hoping he didn't fully understand everything I had already said.

"But it seems like I obviously don't know the whole story," he twisted his head to look at me quizzically.

"Please tell me you didn't hear what I just said," I closed my eyes and slouched down in my seat again.

"Unfortunately or fortunately, I'm not sure which is better, but I definitely heard you," he sighed and tapped my knee with his hand.

I wasn't sure if his gesture was caring or the opposite. Also, who had told him about Sarah? Did everyone know about Sarah except me?

"Good morning students!" The professor started class and I looked over my shoulder to the back of the room to see Harry staring at me with a concerned expression. His brows came in and his lips were pursed. His eyes didn't dart from mine when our stares connected, but I could feel the tension between us and that made me more uncomfortable than anything. I twisted back around and my name was called on the role.