32

GOAL:

60 VOTES25 COMMENTS

"You're wearing my shirt," he commented after I had just told him that he couldn't have both me and Sarah. I looked down to see what I was wearing and I was in fact wearing his shirt.

My brows pulled together and I rubbed my fingers over the bottom hem. I had just pulled something off the desk in my room when I heard something was wrong with Martie. But now, I see that it was the shirt I had borrowed from the night I spent with him in his room at the frat house.

"Oh," was all I managed to say. A part of me wondered if Sarah had noticed my shirt, or if she would have even recognized the plain shirt as Harry's.

Harry's strong hands went up the sides of my torso inside my shirt and I placed my hands over the fabric, holding him there and stopping him from going any higher. The feel of his skin on mine was sensational. I hadn't even realized I could miss someone's touch, but I missed his.

"It was the first thing I noticed when I ran up to the house last night," he smirked and I felt my confused emotions begin to relax and ease into all things Apollo.

"Do you like me in it?" I said softly as the rain pattered down onto his car.

He nodded his head and bit his bottom lip as he started to drift his hands over my stomach and at the wire of my bra.

"Then you should see me out of it," I pulled the hem over my head and tossed the shirt onto his passenger seat while keeping eye contact with him.

"Shit," he sighed with a smile on his face. I leaned into him and started kissing him harder than I ever had before. I needed him to know that I was worth it. I could give him so much more than what she could. I may not of had as much money as she did, but I truly did care for him and I saw past his incredible good looks for who he really was, a good man and a genuine person.

"I want to fuck you," I said gasping for breath as I pulled my lips from his mouth and trailed them down his throat.

"I can't let you, Karlie. As much as I want to, I can't do that to you," he pulled my chin back up to his face and I instantly felt like a fool for even saying it. I had just told him he couldn't have both me and Sarah, but I wasn't even sticking my foot down about it. I was still trying to get in his pants.

I kissed him again and savored the moment before I pulled back. It was probably the last time I would ever get to kiss him.

"When are you..." I placed my forehead on his and closed my eyes. "When is your wedding?"

He stayed quiet and I felt his lips brush over mine, wishing for me but not going for it, which was the epitome of our entire relationship.

"June 6."

I opened my eyes and felt my heart fall past the ends of the universe. He already had a date set? I thought he was going to wait a little while after he graduated, but he was getting married two months after he graduated. He was going to have a wife, a job, a life in Nashville, and I was going to be still in school for another three years.

My eyes teared up and I looked down in between us so he wouldn't see my emotions. It was just my luck to fall for someone that was already taken, because I was totally in love with him. Oh, how I loved him. But, I would never tell him that. I couldn't.

"I know you'll be a great husband," I forced out of my tight throat.

He lifted my chin and watched me pout with intentions not clear to me. I wanted to hide and never show my face again, but I also wanted to fight for him, fight for us. We could have been really great together, but life wasn't fair. Life liked to really shove itself in my face.

"Tell me not to do it," he pleaded and I shook my head unable to tell him what to do.

"You're the only one that can make that decision," I shrugged my shoulders and placed my hands on his chest, pushing a tad to keep both of us from drifting closer together.

He didn't respond and I felt like the car was going to explode from the silence. Everything was unknown, everything about our relationship and it confused the fuck out of me. Should I continue to be his friend if we never furthered our romance? Could I be, is the real question.

"I should go back. You need to go see your family," I placed my lips between my teeth and bit down softly.

"I'll drive you," he responded with a deep frown. I tossed my legs over to the passenger seat and put my, or his, shirt back on. I couldn't believe I actually tried to seduce him after telling him he couldn't have both of us. Why did I think that would make him choose me? I was so stupid.

It was quiet and too many questions about his past were running wild through my head. I landed on one that I had thought about before and it stuck with me until he parked outside the front of the building. I composed my face so he wouldn't be able to see the sour expression I so wanted to show while I confronted him about cheating on his fiancé.

"When was the first time you slept with someone else while dating Sarah?" I asked, feeling completely bulletproof and full of anticipation.

"My first year here," he sighed and crowded the center of his forehead with his brows pulling in. He obviously was uncomfortable, but then again it was his own fault. He had no self control, or maybe he had too much of it...

I stayed put in my seat after I had finally ran out of energy from the draining night and day I had just endured. He had exhausted me, but really that was my own fault. I let him exhaust me with my feelings and I knew he wouldn't pick me, so the real questions was, why was I even trying?

"When did you know you weren't meant to be together?" 

"No one's meant to be together," he rolled his eyes and laughed. The comment took me at a surprise and I was speechless without any witty comeback. Rare indeed. When he didn't see me react the way he thought I would have, he narrowed his eyes and stared at me. "Do you think there is such a thing as soul mates?"

I swallowed and spoke what I thought he wanted to hear, "No, of course not."

"People just get along, and if you can get along with someone for a long time then it can work out."

I swallowed again and stared out the windshield as rain drops created an endless network of channels  in front of us, one drop flowing right into another, then another, and another...

"Thanks for the ride," I opened the door and was soon met with rain falling on my entire body. 

"Yeah, I'll see you in class," he half-smiled-half-frowned as I shut the door. I stayed in front of my building as he drove away and closed my eyes while rain drenched every part of me.

The warm, all-encompassing feeling I had in the car with him was gone and now I felt free but still inadequate. The rain helped to cool me off and bring me back to reality, but the thought of him going back to her was making the rain steam off my hot-feverish skin. Moments passed as I stood there wondering when I would ever get a chance for love like this again, but I knew he was someone special. He may have not believed in "soul mates" but we had something that he and Sarah didn't. That something was worth competing for.

GOAL:

60 VOTES

25 COMMENTS

Sorry the chapter is so short! I promise the story is about to pick up ;)