CHAPTER THREE

Theo has been and will always be a morning person, enjoying the sunrise and crisp morning air more than anything else in existence

Theo has been and will always be a morning person, enjoying the sunrise and crisp morning air more than anything else in existence. There is something about the fresh dew on the leaves that brings a breath of new air to her lungs, heart swelling to truly absorb the beauties of mornings. And though she may be tired given her rough sleep, the air of dawn is like a drink of energy and happiness in one swallow.

She rises from the ship and slips outside right as the sun begins to rise on the horizon. Although she cannot see it, the shadows cast on the trees around her and the lightening tone of the sky serve as her main witnesses of the phenomenon as the minutes pass. Having slipped on her cloak before exiting, and purposely forgetting her shoes, her lips quirk up into a smile as she feels the fertile and soft soil between her toes. Of course, it will be a nuisance to clean later, but everybody deserves a little bit of temporary happiness. Grass and mud have always made her happy, and especially before the sun bakes them dry.

Considering her situation, the woman reminesces on the issue of Anakin, knowing he will be wanting an answer to his plea of yesterday. And though it may seem like she forgot in the first place, this is not the case, having woken to the mumbling of the jedi earlier. It was a form of an alarm clock, she guesses, but more illuminating than it was not. He was whispering the names of those he used to know, including Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padme Amidala.

The latter person poses a greater question than that of the more significant former. Theo wonders why Anakin did not ask for Padme's resurrection, but that of his Master. Surely Anakin does not know of the constraints of her deathsinging abilities, and it would only seem natural that he would wish for his wife back. Of course, Obi-Wan was important to Anakin, but Padme was his significant other? What about her? He surely did not get a good ending with Padme, so why Obi-Wan?

It makes absolutely no sense to the woman, but her fear of asking such a sensitive question prohibits her from asking the other jedi. And thus, her mind moves to Obi-Wan, the other jedi of her vision. It is unheard of for a deathsinger to resurrect two jedi in his or her lifetime, and thus, it is even more precarious to resurrect them at the same time. What will her people say in the later generations: that she was a fool?

But obviously, the girl is not a fool. Innately, Theo knows that the visions of deathsingers usually reflect only on the person of their resurrection, not some other figure. If she was only meant to resurrect Anakin, then why give her a vision of Obi-Wan as well?

Despite being rash and accepting at times, the woman exalts logic more than anything else in the universe. In her mind, if the heavens wanted her to resurrect only one jedi, then they would have only sent her a vision of Anakin. But now that she's had a dream of two, that means she must sing again.

She will resurrect Obi-Wan...but only if Anakin wishes that of her.

Casting her eyes upward, the woman perceives the scuttling form of a teddy bear high above her. Almost defying gravity, the figure hops and leaps almost as wide as its chubby body. But with the blink of her eye, the figure is gone, and Theo is left yearning for the company of an Ewok. To be blatantly honest to herself, the girl has always desired one as a pet or companion of sorts, given the numerous stories Luke has told her about Ewoks. Who wouldn't want a walking, talking teddy bear to call their friend?